Satnav routes

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Hi,

I use my satnav a lot but I always choose the second route out of the 3. But I don't actually know what the difference is. I guessed the first route with the picture icon is the scenic route, the second with the clock icon is the fastest and the third with the up and down arrow I have no idea.

Cheers,

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Blue: Most Economical
Red: Fastest
Orange: Shortest

An answer quickly and easily found by reading your manual.

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
Answer in three minutes without rtfm. Quicker than putting shoes on, walking out the door...

Reactions: spaceboy

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
You can also turn off the route options via the menu settings leaving only the fastest route. One less button push, less talk from the lady in the dash and slightly faster to boot and activate the route.

If you really want to go via the most economical or shortest route (you must be mad! Have you seen them...) then presumably you're not in a hurry so have the time to activate them via the menu again.:sleeping::runaway:

Reactions: spaceboy

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Answer in three minutes without rtfm. Quicker than putting shoes on, walking out the door...

If only SEAT published owner's manuals online :idea:

http://www.seat.com/datamanual-info..._w45/en-uk/MSPLUS_NS_NSPLUS_LEON_11_17_EN.pdf

Or a 3 minute video:
navi.jpeg

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
Then you have to find the file, open it, search for route options...too much work, dude!

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
This weekend I drove from Newcastle upon Tyne to Ipswich (pretty simple route, down the A1 then across the A14). I used the Sat-Nav for the first time (although I know the route I like to have it on) and I chose the Red Route (Fastest). However, I noticed when I was driving along the A14 it kept suggesting I come off the Main Road and go down some country roads for about 15 miles then re-join the A14. How on earth is this faster? I'd love to know how it calculates the routes. If somebody didn't already know the route and was fully relying on the Sat-Nav they would have been taken all over the shop! Any one else noticed this?

Joe1110

Mar 19, 2018
This weekend I drove from Newcastle upon Tyne to Ipswich (pretty simple route, down the A1 then across the A14). I used the Sat-Nav for the first time (although I know the route I like to have it on) and I chose the Red Route (Fastest). However, I noticed when I was driving along the A14 it kept suggesting I come off the Main Road and go down some country roads for about 15 miles then re-join the A14. How on earth is this faster? I'd love to know how it calculates the routes. If somebody didn't already know the route and was fully relying on the Sat-Nav they would have been taken all over the shop! Any one else noticed this?

Picked my car up on Saturday from south of London and had to drive back up to the north west with it, so decided to try the satnav, but I wasn’t quite sure how trustworthy it was, so I kept my tomtom on at the same time to compare. For the most part the route was identical, but there was one bit on the A1 where the seat nav was telling me to come off the A1 and take some country road due to traffic, whereas tomtom said kept going. I followed the tomtom and sure enough, no traffic.

So, not sure how it’s getting it’s information, but it’s not pulling from the same source as tomtom does, that’s for sure! Think I’ll stick to using it for shorter journey going forward...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Picked my car up on Saturday from south of London and had to drive back up to the north west with it, so decided to try the satnav, but I wasn’t quite sure how trustworthy it was, so I kept my tomtom on at the same time to compare. For the most part the route was identical, but there was one bit on the A1 where the seat nav was telling me to come off the A1 and take some country road due to traffic, whereas tomtom said kept going. I followed the tomtom and sure enough, no traffic.

So, not sure how it’s getting it’s information, but it’s not pulling from the same source as tomtom does, that’s for sure! Think I’ll stick to using it for shorter journey going forward...

Yeah I think as it is trying to be as fast a possible, as soon as it sniffs the traffic slowing down it tells you to belt down some county roads! I may just stick to the good old human bearings. The MFD has compass so as long as I'm heading the the right direction I should get there haha!

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Yeah I think as it is trying to be as fast a possible, as soon as it sniffs the traffic slowing down it tells you to belt down some county roads! I may just stick to the good old human bearings. The MFD has compass so as long as I'm heading the the right direction I should get there haha!

I thought the sat nav had found a nice B road to take!

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
The traffic information on the built in sat nav takes forever to update, I find mine tells me there is traffic when there is none, mainly due to the information it is using being out of date.

I use Waze in mine all the time and the traffic information from that is leagues ahead

Reactions: Stringster

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
I find the built in satnav quite poor in all honestly. I beleive it only gets traffic information for major roads like motorways so it always underestimates journey times and will not reroute you if there is a hold-up on a more minor road as it won't know about it. Even on motorways it seems to underestimate traffic hold-ups compared to google maps.

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Yeah I use it all the time because I've got no sense of direction. I used it from Leeds to Swindon and back over the weekend and on the way it told me to get off the A1 because of traffic, so I ended up going the scenic route. I wish there was a way to disable the traffic rerouting it is too aggressive.

Thankfully it didn't on the way back so was much quicker. I have a basic tom tom too and might consider using it again, unless I can switch of the traffic rerouting.

Cheers,

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise