Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

willygoncray

Feb 26, 2018
Crawley
Hi all, just had the resonator taken out of my 18 plate Cupra and I can’t believe how much the noise has changed!

Alongside the deeper growl, the pops and bangs sound like gunfire every time I lift off the throttle in Cupra mode...

If anyone is looking to get this done, I highly recommend speaking to Mr Exhaust in Reigate.

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
Just the thing!! I come onto the forum as i'm wanting to get the exhaust changed as not satisfied with the noise coming out of the cupra 300! Your telling me this is just a resonator delete? I WANT THIS DONE TO MINE :)

Reactions: willygoncray

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Hi all, just had the resonator taken out of my 18 plate Cupra and I can’t believe how much the noise has changed!

Alongside the deeper growl, the pops and bangs sound like gunfire every time I lift off the throttle in Cupra mode...

If anyone is looking to get this done, I highly recommend speaking to Mr Exhaust in Reigate.
Is there any cutting of the original exhaust required? or is this simply a mechanical replacement, this looks interesting but would be wary of butchering a new car.

willygoncray

Feb 26, 2018
Crawley
Is there any cutting of the original exhaust required? or is this simply a mechanical replacement, this looks interesting but would be wary of butchering a new car.
There is some cutting required to get the original resonator off but it’s nothing over the top and seems to be easily reversible.

Attachments

• 26D6ABD7-D1CD-49A5-8C9D-235DB228FBE4.jpeg
    26D6ABD7-D1CD-49A5-8C9D-235DB228FBE4.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 553

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
This is EXACTLY what I want to do to my 300 SC when I get it (currently on order with a collection date towards the end of July). It's a lease, so I need something which can easily be removed to put the car back to stock when I need to.

Can you let me know how much of a difference it makes to the interior noise? Is there much of an increase to the exhaust drone at motorway(ish) speeds?

Andy665

Dec 1, 2017
Did not manage to get mine done yesterday - was on standby to go down to a friends exhaust place if they had a ramp become available - they didn't - hopefully sometime next week

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Do wish the exhaust was more audible from inside the car (seeing as the sound proofing is pretty rubbish as it is!). From outside, my manual 300, when warm makes plenty of noise from ~ 3k+

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I've just ordered mine from Progressive Parts :)

I'm not actually collecting my new 300 SC until the end of July, so I'm making sure I'm well prepared!! I've already booked it in to go on the ramps on the day I collect it, too...

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I'm sure I've seen you in and around the Redhill/Reigate area and will have past you in my Monsoon grey 290. I really want to hear what this sounds like as I always thought about getting it chopped but wanted to hear it in the flesh first.

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
I am in a similar situation to Tully1980 where I would eventually like some extra noise, but something that is reversible.

With a resonator delete, can this be reversed to stock form easily?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I am in a similar situation to Tully1980 where I would eventually like some extra noise, but something that is reversible.

With a resonator delete, can this be reversed to stock form easily?

Yes, I believe the original exhaust needs to be cut to remove the resonator. The kit I’ve bought comes with 2 sleeves which fit over each end of the mid section and can be used to re-fit the resonator section if you need to put it back to stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I should have added that the kit I’ve got (Progressive Parts) has been specifically designed so that it can easily be removed to enable the car to be put back to stock, and it comes with all of the bits to be able to do so easily.

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
I should have added that the kit I’ve got (Progressive Parts) has been specifically designed so that it can easily be removed to enable the car to be put back to stock, and it comes with all of the bits to be able to do so easily.

Thanks!!

I will take a look.

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com

For anyone thinking of doing the Progressive Parts VAGSport kit here's a video of how easy a job it is to do. After seeing how simple a job this is I think I might give it a shot. It only involves 1 cut and 2 clamps. Old resonator can be clamped back in if you need to afterwards to go back to stock for whatever reason you need. Only giveaway will be that you will have an extra clamp in place of the cut you made.

willygoncray

Feb 26, 2018
Crawley
I'm sure I've seen you in and around the Redhill/Reigate area and will have past you in my Monsoon grey 290. I really want to hear what this sounds like as I always thought about getting it chopped but wanted to hear it in the flesh first.
That may have been me! I'm based in Crawley but happy to give you a little show if you're in the area :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.