Vehicle Status - No Entries Available

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
I've had my 64MY 1.8 FR Leon for a few months and I've always been able to access the Vehicle Status menu to see various readings on the car.
Today while driving along I thought I'd try and use the function and it just displays 'No Entries Available'

Also while out today the car suddenly ping'd a message telling me that the Coolant Level was was low. I checked it and all seemed okay.

I'd be grateful if someone could advise on this. Thanks in advance.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I've had my 64MY 1.8 FR Leon for a few months and I've always been able to access the Vehicle Status menu to see various readings on the car.
Today while driving along I thought I'd try and use the function and it just displays 'No Entries Available'

Also while out today the car suddenly ping'd a message telling me that the Coolant Level was was low. I checked it and all seemed okay.

I'd be grateful if someone could advise on this. Thanks in advance.

"No entries available" is good - that means nothing is broken :) Check the other display options from that screen and you should be able to see other bits.

Would check in with the dealer if it's flagging a coolant issue but the level is fine. Could be a dodgy sensor? I think mine has done it once though and then hasn't done it again since.

Scott

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply Scott.
The other display options are all available (Driving data, Nav etc, etc) and working fine. I particularly wanted to access the Vehicle Status today though after the Coolant warning as I was curious to check the water temperature.
It seems odd that the system did work fine and showed me the various data but has now stopped doing that.

Deleted member 103408

If you look at vehicle status on your FIS screen does that show any errors.

Do you have an OBD2 Reader of VCDS to see if there are any errors on the car

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
I presume the FIS is the display between the speedo and rev counter?
No, all it says is No Entries Available

Deleted member 103408

Yes that's the FIS, well its good in that bot screens are showing there is no issue.

When you say you look at various readings which ones are you looking at as I thought the screen only shows when there is a warning (Tire Pressure, Water bottle, Fuel etc)

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
I can't remember everything it displayed but two were Water Temp and Oil temp. Hence why I was wanting to see the water temp after the coolant warning message appeared.
It's strange that I can't find any mention of the various functions available in the FIS in the owner manual.

Deleted member 103408

Water temp and oil temp and loads of other items are shown (on my 14 plate) on the little screen between MPH / REV counter under Driving Data

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
I can't remember everything it displayed but two were Water Temp and Oil temp. Hence why I was wanting to see the water temp after the coolant warning message appeared.
It's strange that I can't find any mention of the various functions available in the FIS in the owner manual.

that's a different menu. Vehicle status always says no entries unless something needs attention. The one you are referring to is the next one along, driving data, use the thumb wheel to switch between the different values

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
There I was thinking that the car's brain was malfunctioning when in reality I should be more concerned with my own!!!!
You're right. I was convinced those displays were in the Vehicle Status whereas they're in the Driving Data along with MPG etc.
Sorry for the confusion and problem now solved.

nick.buchan2

May 10, 2018
I only realised today that you can click press the wheel to then switch between various averages (long term, since refuel, trip).

If only I could be bothered to read the manual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheCraftyBugger

TheCraftyBugger

May 4, 2018
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I only realised today that you can click press the wheel to then switch between various averages (long term, since refuel, trip).

If only I could be bothered to read the manual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've just saved me having to keep using the main screen to check mpg since start.

Who knew the manual contained so much useful info!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members