Tail lights always on.

IbizaTDI08

Aug 7, 2008
So tonight I noticed that no matter what position I have the light switch in off/auto/side/on. The rear tail lights are always staying on no matter what.

Swear this was never the case before. ‍♂️

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I always thought on the new Ibiza and Arona (Leon I don't know) the DRLs are now both front and rears. When I test drove the Ibiza and Arona (both with LEDs all round) this is the case, as I've test driven both, and yes whatever position on the switch 0, auto, parking, dipped. They remain on as long as ignition is on. Didn't check if it could be changed on the infotainment or not. Else you would need to use Carrista or similar to re-code it.

On my current Ibiza (with Bi-Xenon + LED DRLs) and previous Leon (Led DRL+headlights etc). On pos 0, only front DRLs are on, on parking lights, rear tail lights come on, and DRLs dim.

DavidinScotland

May 23, 2018
So tonight I noticed that no matter what position I have the light switch in off/auto/side/on. The rear tail lights are always staying on no matter what.

Swear this was never the case before. ‍♂️
I think this is the new standard for Daytime Running Lights (Front and Rear lights). My car is like this also and I've seen some other 18 plate cars like this.

Deleted member 103408

Scandi Lights mod for the older cars does the same gives you permy lights front and rear.

As david said its the new standard but if you dont like it I would presume you can code them off (although I coded them on)
Just as an aside what happens when you put your handbrake on do the DRL's go off

IbizaTDI08

Aug 7, 2008
Just spoke to the dealer and they have confirmed that the new ibiza and arona the rear lights are always on as part of the DRL settings on the car,

Personally I am not a fan of having them on all the time as it makes me look like I dont know how to work my light switch :headhurt:

will have look into coding these off at some stage.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise