Carista App

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Rain doesnt seem to work. Ticked box in menu and window didnt go up when i drove thru a quick shower, or is it only work when parked up?

Also did throttle response direct. Couldnt tell difference between that and gradual. Maybe as i only have 1.2 engine.

Tried cornering lights as manual says this dont work when got full LED headlights. Fog light didnt light up when indicating or turning.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Strange the cornering light doesn't work my Facelift came with this activated from factory. Looking to get on the beta and enable parking pilot!

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Strange the cornering light doesn't work my Facelift came with this activated from factory. Looking to get on the beta and enable parking pilot!
I did screenshots of what i can do and the settings for the cornering lights were...a bit weird as shown below
Screenshot_20180425-135852.jpeg

Reactions: Allan

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Forgot to add that i noticed that and put minimum to 0 and max to 50. Do they light up all the time or is it when headlights are on only?
Could the reason its not working be you haven't set a Maximum higher speed than the Minimum one?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Forgot to add that i noticed that and put minimum to 0 and max to 50. Do they light up all the time or is it when headlights are on only?

I honestly have no clue, its only noticeable inside at night for obvious reasons so I would need to do some investigating to find out xD

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I honestly have no clue, its only noticeable inside at night for obvious reasons so I would need to do some investigating to find out xD
Just read manual and it says not activated with full LED headlights and bulb foglights. My fogs are definitely LED as the LED headlight pack includes LED fogs and i checked them when i collected car.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Been considering this purely for the one click mirrors, but also wanted the following:

Red door lights on all settings.
Reduce sound actuator in Cupra Mode.
Speed signs on display between speedo and rev counter.

Does anyone know if you can do these with Carista as well?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Managed to get on the beta. I got parking pilot working also enabled beep on locking. Will get more in depth look at the weekend and try a few things out. Has anyone changed the throttle input from Gradual by time to Direct? I will try at the weekend to see what the difference is.

hepy

Aug 20, 2017
Managed to get on the beta. I got parking pilot working also enabled beep on locking. Will get more in depth look at the weekend and try a few things out. Has anyone changed the throttle input from Gradual by time to Direct? I will try at the weekend to see what the difference is.
I’ve done the throttle change and couldn’t tell any difference.

Kjimi

Jan 12, 2016
Kerava, Finland
Has anyone changed the throttle input from Gradual by time to Direct? I will try at the weekend to see what the difference is.

I did this yesterday to my facelift 1.4TSI 150 DSG via OBDEleven and noticed the difference.
Before there was some travel on the beginning of the throttle pedal when nothing really happened and you had to push the pedal down a certain amount to get the car moving. That issue has reduced now. I recommend to try, specially if you have a DSG gearbox.

Deathsouler95

Apr 24, 2018
Guys how does the parking side mirrors work? I can't seem to make it work. Like when i put it in reverse it doesn't lower itself.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Guys how does the parking side mirrors work? I can't seem to make it work. Like when i put it in reverse it doesn't lower itself.
See the 2 images below. Taken from manual. Where it says put it on 'R' just put it on 'L' instead.
189f0a0cef15993c12e2a4a142d6bc0c.jpg
9b3fa6fb088e22d39f0d6fc7530fff2e.jpg

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Well the carista dongle arrived today, as did an invite to the beta test.

Enabled 1 click mirror folding which has worked great :)

So reduced the sound actuator to 80%. Was hoping there would be an option to reduce per mode, but alas not. Hopefully sport mode will still be good, and Cupra not to intrusive.

Also enable the linear accelerator, will see what that’s like when I go for a drive later.

Finally changed the indicator flash to 4, but it didn’t work. It did pop up with an instruction to change the default in the menu of the car. Now when I’ve tried it again I can’t find the option for it. Will see if turns up when I try again tonight.

For £15 to be able to change these has been very handy.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Anybody else has this with High Beam
Assist. I’ve not altered it in anyway, but for me it’s as if the values should be the other way round. The car has it and last time I used it it was working fine at all speeds.

AF293266-1342-4996-8A7B-2ACD54C489B0.png

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Anybody else has this with High Beam
Assist. I’ve not altered it in anyway, but for me it’s as if the values should be the other way round. The car has it and last time I used it it was working fine at all speeds.

View attachment 225
I had this with my cornering fogs where the values looked like they should be other way round too.

Reactions: Damo H

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
Set up my device today and really impressed. I've made the following changes -

1. Single touch folding door mirrors
2. Changed coming home lights duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds
3. Changed the background of the small display between the dials to carbon fibre effect
4. Enabled option of turning on/off locking beep confirmation on the centre screen menu (haven't actually turned it on though)
5. Needle sweep
6. Refuel quantity display
7. Auto window closing if raining

I have Kessy Keyless Entry and did also activate auto locking when key is out of the car and doors are closed (meaning you don't even have to touch the door handle to lock), which worked perfectly... and I would have left turned on, however the door mirrors didn't fold in unfortunately so turned it back off. I've passed on some feedback asking if this may be possible in the future as it would be ideal!

Very happy with the product.

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Folks forgive me is asked and answered, but I couldn’t find an answer, have a 2018 Cupra, which seems to have cornering lights etc enabled, I just got carista for the 1 click mirrors that was fine, turned on refuel quantity that worked eventually I think the minimum reading is 5 liters, I had just filled the car. I don’t have the alarm and enabled the beep on open and close, but don’t hear any beep, do I need the alarm? Also set the indicators to 4 rather than 3 but it hasn’t worked, getting a message to rest the lights, can’t see an option for that and don’t fancy resetting everything, am I missing something?

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Folks forgive me is asked and answered, but I couldn’t find an answer, have a 2018 Cupra, which seems to have cornering lights etc enabled, I just got carista for the 1 click mirrors that was fine, turned on refuel quantity that worked eventually I think the minimum reading is 5 liters, I had just filled the car. I don’t have the alarm and enabled the beep on open and close, but don’t hear any beep, do I need the alarm? Also set the indicators to 4 rather than 3 but it hasn’t worked, getting a message to rest the lights, can’t see an option for that and don’t fancy resetting everything, am I missing something?
You have to reset factory settings for the 4 flash to work. For me (2014 Cupra 280) it was in the menu's in the lights settings but I don't know my way around the new media. It wasn't an issue for me as I hadn't changed any other light settings.

Fuel reading is not very accurate and yes, goes in 5 litre increments.

Are you sure you don't have an alarm? I thought that was standard spec for the cupra? And also if remember correctly carista enables the option to have 'audible confirmation'. so you have to switch it on in Carista and then go into the media menu to enable it.

Reactions: Bailer

Bailer

May 15, 2018
You have to reset factory settings for the 4 flash to work. For me (2014 Cupra 280) it was in the menu's in the lights settings but I don't know my way around the new media. It wasn't an issue for me as I hadn't changed any other light settings.

Fuel reading is not very accurate and yes, goes in 5 litre increments.

Are you sure you don't have an alarm? I thought that was standard spec for the cupra? And also if remember correctly carista enables the option to have 'audible confirmation'. so you have to switch it on in Carista and then go into the media menu to enable it.
Thanks found the light setting working now, in the place you mentioned. Here in Ireland the alarm is an extra, I bought a prebuilt car so had no choice, I have the menu option ticked but no joy so far, will have another look at it. Looking at alarms at present, like the look of the Ghost system

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Now thats gotta be the one of the most strangest things I've heard about an alarm being extra!