MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

SamJL

May 15, 2018
When did you order, what was your original lead time please?
I only ordered 3 weeks ago and was told 26 weeks which was fine but if it’s delayed further I will have it cancel

Apologies for the late response, i ordered it on the 31/3/18. Im going to give them a call tomorrow to find out some more info. I haven't heard anyone else having a delay due to a recall.

mfaulkner84

Feb 19, 2018
Update;

Placed order 19/02/18
Order accepted 22/02/18
Prov Build Week 20
Confirmed Build Week 18
Car arrived UK Port 18/05/18

Currently awaiting transport to the Dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blandy123

Mar 9, 2018
I’ve been informed that my Cupra is at port waiting to be shipped. I need the car for the 15th of June can anyone tell me how long it takes to ship get to the dealers and be ready for. Pick up!

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I’ve been informed that my Cupra is at port waiting to be shipped. I need the car for the 15th of June can anyone tell me how long it takes to ship get to the dealers and be ready for. Pick up!

I was advised that It'd be about 4 weeks . Can't say if that's accurate or not though as mine hasn't been built yet :p

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Well after some folk on here ordering after me (I ordered mid feb) and already having build weeks and some folk picking there car up already I contacted seat. They told me the wait for a cupra is now 6-9 months. I expected to have mine by July, that's a while away yet but I'll tell them to ram it if it's not here by July.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Well after some folk on here ordering after me (I ordered mid feb) and already having build weeks and some folk picking there car up already I contacted seat. They told me the wait for a cupra is now 6-9 months. I expected to have mine by July, that's a while away yet but I'll tell them to ram it if it's not here by July.
There seems to be a huge variety of 'actual' lead times at the moment with no set pattern.My nearest and dearest ordered her ST (albeit an FR with a few options, not a Cupra) in mid March and was expecting an 18-20 week leadtime. In fact the car was built in week 18 and is now here in the UK and should be at the dealers this week hopefully. As a matter of interest was your's ordered direct through the dealership or via a broker?

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
There seems to be a huge variety of 'actual' lead times at the moment with no set pattern.My nearest and dearest ordered her ST (albeit an FR with a few options, not a Cupra) in mid March and was expecting an 18-20 week leadtime. In fact the car was built in week 18 and is now here in the UK and should be at the dealers this week hopefully. As a matter of interest was your's ordered direct through the dealership or via a broker?
Ordered through a dealership, I will sit tight and see what happens I originally expected it to be built around June and delivered sometime in July but it seems there is no queue system with regards to people ordering and receiving cars it almost appears to be random. Supposedly you can get a confirmed build week and before you know it its heading for the boat. Fingers crossed.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Order an ST Cupra today and the earliest you will have it is now January 2019!

I am getting really concerned that my estimated date in July is no where near achievable.

I do agree that the whole ordering process and not having a defined queue is useless. Surely it would be easier having an actual queue and order number that moves up the order numerically.

cola

May 23, 2018
Been lurking here a while - placed an order for 5dr DSG on the 10th! Tentative lead time is mid November to dealer stock, so a very long wait ahead... Trying to not get my hopes up.

Was a toss up between the Cupra or GTI PP, but the Cupra worked out much cheaper and with more kit as standard and not forgetting the extra horsepower :bounce:

jammer

Feb 20, 2018

Mine was 2 weeks from port to dealer and then 5 days at the dealers ... so just a bit under 3 weeks

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
My order was placed yesterday evening.
I was told this week by VWFS to expect delivery between December/January.

Thankfully VWFS are further extending my current lease until it arrives.

If the lead time is accurate i will have waited over 12 months for my 300. That will take some beating ..

I wonder what the MY19 changes will bring.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Had some bad news today on my St 300 order.
Placed order through main dealer in mid March for a manual version. Emailed them few weeks ago and they said there is slight delay and would have car early July instead of mid June. Had call from dealer today saying my car is not going to be built as they have stopped all orders for manual St’s! No good telling me this close to when I was suppose to be collecting! Trying to source me a stock but won’t hold my breath, bit of a joke really.
Anyone else in a similar position?

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Had some bad news today on my St 300 order.
Placed order through main dealer in mid March for a manual version. Emailed them few weeks ago and they said there is slight delay and would have car early July instead of mid June. Had call from dealer today saying my car is not going to be built as they have stopped all orders for manual St’s! No good telling me this close to when I was suppose to be collecting! Trying to source me a stock but won’t hold my breath, bit of a joke really.
Anyone else in a similar position?
oooh not good, I ordered the same car at same time! Not heard anything yet though, I expect the call now to let me down FFS!

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Te
oooh not good, I ordered the same car at same time! Not heard anything yet though, I expect the call now to let me down FFS!

Nightmare really, surely should have been told weeks ago if it wasn’t going to be built and at dealers by June!

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
I think they have missjudged how popular the great leasing offers would be and are struggling to get them built before they start gearing up for the MK4 Leon

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
Would they not offer a DSG version instead? Otherwise that is a lot of messing about. I ordered a 5dr Hatch Manual and would happily take a DSG if it meant actually getting the car. I can wait at worst case until end of November, but i do not intend on getting my current car MOT'd beyond that... Its a literal shed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.