what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Got my roof and bumper wrapped today, gloss black to match the rest of the car. Then fitted my Maxton Design Lip Spoiler and I'm delighted with how it looks now. Just because I saw people asking, I was waiting nearly 4 weeks for my spoiler to be dispatched, they claimed they were under high demand and they were waiting on more to arrive in stock, other than the wait there's no issues but it's something to consider. It's also over priced for what it is but since there's no alternatives it's gotta do. The TRC splitter is going on tomorrow and that's the exterior jobs finished for now.
HVqLrMa.jpg

ikQ2ogK.jpg

SUEWtkSh.jpg

Reactions: p.eco

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
These look awesome Damo. so much better than the ones I currently have. Would be great if you could let me know who supplied them. Thanks

No one supplied them, Tariq Jaidy at JD Vehicle Customs did the black stripe. He basically wrapped the bottom of my doors in black and then used a special wire tape he’d already put on the car before the vinyl to cut the shape I’d asked for. The bottom of the stripe is just wrapped around the door line :) and the top is about 5 or 10mm off of the door crease.

The badges and Cupra word where ordered by me off of eBay from Jaynes-Addiction :)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152631736597

I had to message her to reverse the badge for the other side of the car and print the badges with a white background - so they’d work on the black stripe.

@paddy6789 is already trying to get them copied ;)

If you’re localish to Preston I’m sure Tariq will sort you out, £45 I think they were if done by themselves but that’s supplying the Cupra word and badge yourself (only £8)

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
No one supplied them, Tariq Jaidy at JD Vehicle Customs did the black stripe. He basically wrapped the bottom of my doors in black and then used a special wire tape he’d already put on the car before the vinyl to cut the shape I’d asked for. The bottom of the stripe is just wrapped around the door line :) and the top is about 5 or 10mm off of the door crease.

The badges and Cupra word where ordered by me off of eBay from Jaynes-Addiction :)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152631736597

I had to message her to reverse the badge for the other side of the car and print the badges with a white background - so they’d work on the black stripe.

@paddy6789 is already trying to get them copied ;)

If you’re localish to Preston I’m sure Tariq will sort you out, £45 I think they were if done by themselves but that’s supplying the Cupra word and badge yourself (only £8)

Yeah I’m already booked in with Tariq - I’ve promised him that I won’t be as demanding as @Damo H haha. Not this time anyway.

I’m just trying to work on a different kind of decal selection for the stripe and trying to work in the Racingline ‘R bars’ too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Got my roof and bumper wrapped today, gloss black to match the rest of the car. Then fitted my Maxton Design Lip Spoiler and I'm delighted with how it looks now. Just because I saw people asking, I was waiting nearly 4 weeks for my spoiler to be dispatched, they claimed they were under high demand and they were waiting on more to arrive in stock, other than the wait there's no issues but it's something to consider. It's also over priced for what it is but since there's no alternatives it's gotta do. The TRC splitter is going on tomorrow and that's the exterior jobs finished for now.
HVqLrMa.jpg

ikQ2ogK.jpg

SUEWtkSh.jpg

Nice spec that. The red with the contrast black I think works really well. I wish there was a red one available when I was looking a year ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daire92

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Nice spec that. The red with the contrast black I think works really well. I wish there was a red one available when I was looking a year ago

Cheers. Wasn't a fan of it originally but it's growing on me. Finished the car today with a TRC splitter. Really happy with how the car looks now. Just a possible wheel change down the road and I'm not touching the exterior again. Power mods next possibly.
OWNRo0E.jpg

fHhjP2V.jpg

Reactions: leonisis

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Cheers. Wasn't a fan of it originally but it's growing on me. Finished the car today with a TRC splitter. Really happy with how the car looks now. Just a possible wheel change down the road and I'm not touching the exterior again. Power mods next possibly.
OWNRo0E.jpg

fHhjP2V.jpg
From that photo it looks like they’ve changed the front splitter compared to mine. It looks like mine sticks out more near the wheels...

199CBEDD-7CB4-4F9A-92F5-0ED50F0E6DDE.jpeg 9C51D9F8-FC0B-43A3-87F4-3A3C347700CA.jpeg

... excuse the tape measure I was taking measurements for the car wrapper.

Loving the roof wrap BTW

Reactions: Daire92

JMP

May 27, 2004
I wan

I want to do this soon. How many coats did it take and how long did you leave to dry in between coats?

Any issues with tearing / running?

Looks great [B)]

Thanks, Im happy with the results. So far holding well :)

I did 4 heavy coats with about 10-15mins between.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Got side swiped by a land rover driven by a stupid old ***** who should have retired his license

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

So sorry about that, I tend to agree with the Japanese process where over 75's have to reset and pass a test to allow them to carry on driving.

Most of the accidents (in japan) are caused by old people (hmm better change my forum name me thinks).

Driver-less cars are going to help with this but as somebody said to me the other day its going to be a problem for guys with dementia or just forgetful.

Oldboy gets in car and says - Take me to my daughter.....
Gets there and says to car why did you bring me here take me home...

Reactions: Damo H

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I agree a policy is required wherebye there is sort of test to ensure drivers are still competent enough to drive at an older age.

It's a different type of danger than you get with the younger boy racer style drivers but atleast they risk losing their license at a young age which has a bigger impact in terms of loss of employment etc.

Fortunately on this occasion the damage is nothing but a little paint transfer on my passenger door but having a conversation with this chap was difficult alone on account that he could barely hear me, not to mention it took him what felt like 10minutes to climb out of his car.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Not exactly done today, but Thursday, car cleaned and prepared for ceramic coating and then applied.

57_D4176_A-_AE44-41_FB-8092-83_A1_FBC9389_F.jpg

A141628_D-4_FC2-4219-8158-_CD969_A7_F722_A.jpg

6_BCE3125-3774-46_BF-_A8_D9-_A855482_BCCBE.jpg

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I agree a policy is required wherebye there is sort of test to ensure drivers are still competent enough to drive at an older age.

It's a different type of danger than you get with the younger boy racer style drivers but atleast they risk losing their license at a young age which has a bigger impact in terms of loss of employment etc.

Fortunately on this occasion the damage is nothing but a little paint transfer on my passenger door but having a conversation with this chap was difficult alone on account that he could barely hear me, not to mention it took him what felt like 10minutes to climb out of his car.
And they always drive massive cars! Volvo estate, Land Rover etc

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Got my snow foam lance stuck on my pressure washer gun... ffs!!!

Also, anyone else having issue with the Tapatalk app on iPhone? I can’t log in