Potential new owner - Leon FR TDI

ChrisFRTP

May 24, 2018
Hey,

Looking to pick up a Seat Leon FR Tech Pack 2.0 TDI 184 in the next few weeks if the test drive goes ok.

67 plate low mileage so looking forward to it!

I guess not at this age but anything I need to be aware of or check for?

Also very new to these cars, only ever driven Fords so interested in what kind of mods go well with these cars :)

Thanks all!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome buddy,

The 184 is a quick car! I doubt you would have many issues at that age but it's worth checking the FAQ section for the MK3 to get an idea - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/mk3-leon-faqs-5f-2012.317/

I had a MK2 Leon previous and then got a 1.0 Ecoboost (2015) Focus as a company car which was an amazing engine! I notice that there is quite a few more plastic rattles in SEAT's but most of them are easily fixed if you are unlucky enough to have any. Now after the Focus I went back to SEAT to get my favourite car (MK2 Cupra R), wouldn't dream of going back to my Focus.

Mods will be endless using the forum so I hope your wallet is ready haha if you can beofre buying get someone near by with either VCDS or ODBeleven to check the car for any hidden errors that may not show up in the dash warning lights. We have a who's got what and where section for this here - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/vcds-vag-com-register-whos-got-what-and-where.262363/

If the dealer lets you plug in and read the car you should see what's what.

Hope all goes well

Cheers

Deleted member 103408

Chris welcome to the site.

With regards to mods on the mk 3 its very much about how much you want to spend and time you want to put into the car.

Bodywork - Front Splitters (there are lots of different ones)
Side Skirts - Seat and third Party
Rear Spoiler - Seat and also there are a number of lips to go on top
Rear Diffuser - many different ones
check out here and here for details of what other members have done

Engine - Mapping (my preference) or Tuning Box
Exhaust System upgrades
Air Intake Systems
Lots of stuff you can put on your engine to make it look nice (pipeworks, Carbon Fiber covers etc)

Suspension - From full air suspension to many different combinations of Springs and Shocks.

Wheels - all the usual options.

Car Settings - Jimbobcook and I are both OBD11 Fans but you have VCDS and Carista so that you can do lots of changes to your car.

And on and on - talk to the mrs and the bank manager first :)

Have fun and keep us updated

ChrisFRTP

May 24, 2018
Thank you both you’ve gave me plenty to look at! Didn’t realise there was so much stuff to do to these cars!

Saw some nice splitters and rear valances on some lowered Leon’s when browsing YouTube and google!

I guess some of them only fit the Cupa though with the exhausts on either side?

Deleted member 103408

Seats and VW Cars in general are always good cars for modding but make sure you keep your insurance company in the loop.

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Looks to be a nice car mate, loads of scope for mods to either power or visuals too.

Just a shame you've put money to Arnold Clark :doh:. I had a really bad experience at the Newcastle branch when trying to buy a new Ibiza then had issues when they couldn't locate or fix an air con fault during warranty and had to go to another dealer to get it fixed.

Hopefully the Hexham lot will look after you a bit better mate.

ChrisFRTP

May 24, 2018
Thanks Steve! I'll try and resist too much but splitters and lowering springs are a must I think.

To be honest mate I've got my last 4 cars from the one in Shiremoor, never had any problems with the cars however, so fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with it :D have you got a thread for your car?

Deleted member 103408

Indeed welcome to the family, nice looking car.

Enjoy the car and the site, lots of helpful people and threads.

When do you pick it up

Deleted member 103408

oh that's exciting, give a proper clean and wax and go enjoy the power.

ChrisFRTP

May 24, 2018
Yeah I already can’t wait to get that horrible tyre shine off that they use! Will take some pics of the clean :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise