Where to start?

AleLCR

May 24, 2018
Just purchased a LCR with a r-tech stage 1 remap & RAM air filter, 83k on the clock, very lively & having a great time so far, first turbo car for me so very cautious of correctly heating and cooling the engine.

suspension feels tired and a bit rolley, from the forums it seems coil overs are the way to go. I am wanting a firm setup that is appropriate for daily use, ideally a small height drop for cleaner stance when AM alloys go on but i am not sure if that will be any good to the front splitter.

any tips of where to go for this stuff? i am in the southeast.

thanks

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
I've always bought my suspension parts from DPM performance, good prices and you know if its going to fit or not!

Ive heard AP coilovers are good for the price, around £400

When I got my car (LCR) I noticed a lot of body roll, I purchased a Whiteline rear anti roll bar from DPM and it cured that problem completely without compromising ride comfort.

Dont worry about scuffing the splitter, they should be seen as wear and tear items haha.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
DPM are a good recommendation and worth a look at ( i got my front JOM drop links from them) also worth considering is Demon Tweeks.
Tip with DT is they charge postage on direct ordering from them but free postage if you buy from their Ebay shop, so if you want it ask them to do free postage when buying direct to match their Ebay store as you save them Ebay fees.

One thing to note, uprated anti-roll bars are a good idea, for the LCR you want a front ARB that goes on the front wheel drive Audi TT. As that's pretty much what the LCR is under the bonnet.

For a daily suspension setup your need advise from others on here, I love the handling of my ST 2 (KW's) but for everyday driving no chance.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I second a front anti roll bar as well as rear.
Major difference to handling.
Eibach do a set for front and back
Also daily driving on coil overs, hope you have lovely roads where you are.
If not consider a shock and spring set with shortened springs.
Eibach among others do them. I have them on my car with standard shocks.
I’m lower but not ridiculous as to scrape.
If coilovers I’d say spend a decent amount and don’t buy crap.
Splitters are a throw away part. Bumper saver.
Only 46 quid new.

Attachments

• ACB3D8E7-771A-45FC-889E-C229CE1E83D7.jpeg
    ACB3D8E7-771A-45FC-889E-C229CE1E83D7.jpeg
    994.2 KB · Views: 24
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members