Flapping noise from under the boot liner

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Morning,

For a few days now when my car is stationary I get an annoying vibrating/flapping noise from the boot, I had a look see and it seems under the boot liner directly above the exhausts there is a flap of sorts that just makes noise lol

Anyone know what this is for?

To get rid of it do I have to make my exhaust louder?

Cheers

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Stops the pressure from popping the windows out when you shut the doors, does make a racket though

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Stops the pressure from popping the windows out when you shut the doors, does make a racket though

Why did I not get this issue from my previous MK2 FR lol I think I'd rather have the windows pop out...

I wonder if it's because it's warmer these days, whatever it's made out of (rubber one would assume) is drier hence the rattle as I didn't hear it till warmer days...

Cheers

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
It's to allow a free flow of air through the car, only block them up if you like smelling your own farts...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
It's to allow a free flow of air through the car, only block them up if you like smelling your own farts...
Haha this should be in the instruction manual! I will leave it flapping for now... Otherwise I'll have to have a no farting rule...

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise