Leon passenger door lock mechanism problem

Rob Kelly

May 24, 2018
Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a left front door lock for a 5 door 2009 leon? They are £180 from VW!!!

The lock developed an intermittent fault where it wouldnt lock. I removed it, tested motors, switches etc and all ok. Greased up mechanism and refitted. It worked for a while but then stopped working.

I bought a pattern lock, it came with an extra pin but (9 rather than 8). I cut the connector and tried it. it worked but there would be a continuous clicking if the lock button was pressed twice so would probably flatten the battery if left.

All the pattern parts on ebay seem to be of a different type (LHD perhaps?) so i'm at a loss as to where to get one that isn't £180.

Thanks

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
There are two versions of the lock depending on your model year. Confusingly the version didn't change when the facelift model was launched but a little bit later than that.

Reactions: Rob Kelly

Rob Kelly

May 24, 2018
Thanks for your replies,

I've already had it apart and oiled it jimbob so i don't think that will help, i will try it though.

There seems a few different types richicupra, so far i've noticed 3 types of plug, i'm guessing the 3rd is lh drive.