Eco, Normal and Sport Mode power? 184ps tdi

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I don't think the power changes in any mode.
The main changes are throttle response, steering weight and the soundaktor volume
It also stiffens the DCC suspension if you have it fitted.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
there's no actual change to the power output.
It's mainly throttle mapping, steering weight and the silly soundaktor thing

i believe it also changes the air con settings, stop start and the dsg shift points.

and yeah, soundaktor thing got turned down asap

Smeghead

Dec 29, 2017
www.cbafinancials.co.uk
thanks.
bit odd though, as it seems to have much more power in sport mode than in eco mode.
pulled onto a dual carriageway with sport mode on (rather than eco) and the car nearly left without me!

ChrisFRTP

May 24, 2018
thanks.
bit odd though, as it seems to have much more power in sport mode than in eco mode.
pulled onto a dual carriageway with sport mode on (rather than eco) and the car nearly left without me!

I’m test driving one tomorrow so will let you know how each mode feels to me having not driven one at all!

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
thanks.

like i said its the throttle mapping

in eco mode you push down 60% throttle. The eco map initially gives you about 30% throttle and then maybe 60% after a while. This is how it is supposed to save you fuel.

normal mode you push 60% throttle, you get 60% throttle

sport mode, you push 60% throttle, you get 100% throttle so it 'feels' faster

Reactions: LouG and Smeghead

Smeghead

Dec 29, 2017
www.cbafinancials.co.uk
like i said its the throttle mapping

in eco mode you push down 60% throttle. The eco map initially gives you about 30% throttle and then maybe 60% after a while. This is how it is supposed to save you fuel.

normal mode you push 60% throttle, you get 60% throttle

sport mode, you push 60% throttle, you get 100% throttle so it 'feels' faster
ah!
that would explain it!

Deleted member 103408

Just to complete this the manual http://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/manuals-offline.html

SEAT driving modes (SEAT Drive Profile)*Introduction
SEAT Drive Profile enables the driver to choose between four profiles or modes, Normal, Sport, Eco and Individual, that modify the
behaviour of various vehicle functions, providing different driving experiences.

In the FR and X-PERIENCE models equipped with dynamic chassis control and Navi System
Plus, the Comfort profile is also available. In the Leon Cupra model the four profiles are
Comfort, Sport, Cupra and Individual.The Individual profile can be configured according
to personal preferences. The otherprofiles are fixed.
Description
Depending on the equipment fitted in the vehicle, SEAT Drive Profile can operate on the
following functions: Engine Depending on the profile selected, the engine responds more spontaneously or more
in harmony with the movements of the accelerator. Additionally, when Eco mode is selected,
the Start-stop function is automatically activated. In vehicles with automatic transmission, the gear change points are modified to position
them in lower or higher engine speed ranges. Additionally, the Eco1) mode activates the In Inertiafunction, enabling consumption to be
further reduced. In manual gearbox vehicles, Eco1) mode causes the gear change recommendation indications
that appear on the instrument panel to vary, facilitating more efficient driving. Dynamic chassis control (DCC)
DCC continuously adapts the shock absorbers to the condition of the road and current driving conditions, according to the pre-set
programme. In the event of a fault in the DCC, the following message is displayed on the instrument screen Fault: damping setting.
Address Power steering becomes more robust in Sport mode to enable a sportier driving style. In the
Leon Cupra the power steering becomes more robust in Cupra mode. Air conditioning In vehicles with Climatronic, this can operate
in eco1) mode, especially restricting fuel consumption.

Reactions: Smeghead