Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Tell

Staff member
I'll take the thank you but it was notabenem plus one other that did the clever work in 2016. I ended up being a technical author on it following people success or not. I followed it since I had a Plus unit on order with my Ateca in 2016 and was hoping I could do the same. In the end had to do my own approach for that reported above.

Well my contribution was that the Mib2 unit splits into the standard and plus and the update file for the prospective model across the VAG group is all the same so you don't have to wait for Seat to post it up and if you mess your files up you can go back to the library. That's what I had to do with my Plus unit in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: nick.buchan2

crint

May 24, 2018
Just done the update and put the card back in the car, maps all loaded up, seemed to have worked OK. Not tried navigating yet. Thanks.

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
I have Navigation unit Plus(5F0035020F hw version H54, sw version 1219) with latest map already installed from factory(0166). I didn't receive any SD card in slot and maps are installed on HDD/SSD in unit. Can I use normal SD card to update maps when new will be released or need to buy Seat SD card?

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
0915 is the current version. The Skoda and VW websites are showing that the next update won't be until August 2018.

Yes but the current version is ancient and doesnt have roads that opened over a year ago. Not good enough at all I'm afraid.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Guys, without going through the 47 pages on this thread, I have a question, on your radio do they radio station logos show on yours? I have ticked on the settings for the logos to show but they still don't come up? It's an 18 plate FR ST.

Tell

Staff member
The thread about the built in navigation but I alluded to where the Mib2 ones are available if they get accidentally deleted (Post 956). I know some Ateca owners mess theirs up. That's assuming you have a Mib2 which you must...

So Ateca Manual says... Will be the same

Storing station logos
Store automatically (only in FM and DAB
mode)
When a station is stored the station logo is
automatically assigned.
If there are 2 or more logos in the database,
it gives the option to choose the correct one.
Store manually
The station logos can be imported from a
compatible data medium (for example, mem-
ory card or memories with USB port).
● Press the function button SETTINGS and
then Station logos .
● Press the station button where you wish to
store the logo of a station.
● Select the source where the logo is stored
(for example, SD card 1 ). We recommend sav-
ing logos in the memory unit’s root directory.
● Select the station logo.
● Repeat the process to assign other logos;
press the infotainment button RADIO to re-
turn to the RADIO main menu.
● If you wish to change the logo of a memory
button that already has one assigned to it, it
must first be deleted from the button in ques-
tion.
Note
Not all stations are stored in the database
and therefore it is not always possible to as-
sign logos automatically.

I'd look at post 956.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I have Navigation unit Plus(5F0035020F hw version H54, sw version 1219) with latest map already installed from factory(0166). I didn't receive any SD card in slot and maps are installed on HDD/SSD in unit. Can I use normal SD card to update maps when new will be released or need to buy Seat SD card?

Yes (32gb), if you have Mapcare in your country.

Tell

Staff member
Yes (32gb), if you have Mapcare in your country.

If you haven't got Mapcare and you don't want to cough up and I don't think dealers are setup for it either in the UK you can do my technical update on post 699. Updates everything on the navigation except the roads. Better than nothing. The Mib2 High unit allows you to incrementally update the component parts of the navigation. The roads are locked but the rest isnt so the 3D art, POIs and warning get updated.

Reactions: _Dejan_

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
The thread about the built in navigation but I alluded to where the Mib2 ones are available if they get accidentally deleted (Post 956). I know some Ateca owners mess theirs up. That's assuming you have a Mib2 which you must...

So Ateca Manual says... Will be the same

Storing station logos
Store automatically (only in FM and DAB
mode)
When a station is stored the station logo is
automatically assigned.
If there are 2 or more logos in the database,
it gives the option to choose the correct one.
Store manually
The station logos can be imported from a
compatible data medium (for example, mem-
ory card or memories with USB port).
● Press the function button SETTINGS and
then Station logos .
● Press the station button where you wish to
store the logo of a station.
● Select the source where the logo is stored
(for example, SD card 1 ). We recommend sav-
ing logos in the memory unit’s root directory.
● Select the station logo.
● Repeat the process to assign other logos;
press the infotainment button RADIO to re-
turn to the RADIO main menu.
● If you wish to change the logo of a memory
button that already has one assigned to it, it
must first be deleted from the button in ques-
tion.
Note
Not all stations are stored in the database
and therefore it is not always possible to as-
sign logos automatically.

I'd look at post 956.

Wow, so it's not deep in the standard car menu, this is far too complicated lol, thanks though mate.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
If you haven't got Mapcare and you don't want to cough up and I don't think dealers are setup for it either in the UK you can do my technical update on post 699. Updates everything on the navigation except the roads. Better than nothing. The Mib2 High unit allows you to incrementally update the component parts of the navigation. The roads are locked but the rest isnt so the 3D art, POIs and warning get updated.

Not sure I would want to bother if the roads don't get updated. I do have a slight 'problem' with my nav high in that certain postcodes show up as 'Destination numbers' when looking at previous destinations, all the postcodes causing this have an 'X' in them. Hope to do a post about this when I've investigated more.

Reactions: spaceboy

Tell

Staff member
Wow, so it's not deep in the standard car menu, this is far too complicated lol, thanks though mate.

I don't think it's that complicated to load them up from the VAG site you download the ones for your country. The problem that people had with the standard system on the Ateca was that it asked, do you want to delete the radio station graphic and it deleted the lot.

Look under this in your manual for the infotainment system for RDS and DAB there is a toggle for automatic download over the air, so if they have been deleted and you have them toggled off then you won't get them over the air... failing that upload the logos from the VAG site. The cut and paste below doesn't show the toggle tick but it's there.

Setup of the RDS
 Autostore station logos a): Logos can be automatically
assigned to the stations stored on the memory but-
tons if they are available in the Infotainment sys-
tem. Also see ››› page 34.
Region for station logo a): Allows you to select the re-
gion (country) in which the vehicle is located. This
optimises the automatic assignment of station
logos. The option also allows the system to select
the region automatically.
 Alternative frequency (AF) a): The automatic station

Tell

Staff member
Not sure I would want to bother if the roads don't get updated. I do have a slight 'problem' with my nav high in that certain postcodes show up as 'Destination numbers' when looking at previous destinations, all the postcodes causing this have an 'X' in them. Hope to do a post about this when I've investigated more.

I'll look forward to that. There are issues with street numbers in some parts then you will get the postcode centroid if it doesnt know about the numbers. Next level is where OS provide a guidance street number at either end - I think it might interpolate on those, then when they are fully digitised in.

Then you have the input problems as you mention. I use the Android App Mapcordinates N45, E25 that generates DMS and you get to see Google Maps, Streetview and Openstreet. The latter is good for outdoor activities. Then dial them the DMS in.

Reactions: Walone

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
If the roads dont get updated I'll be sticking with google maps. Still pretty furious that major roads that opened in Feb 2017 were not on my new car's satnav in January 2018. Pretty disgusting really.

Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
Thats where Seat UK should be held accountable for not providing Mapcare as the other VAG companies do in the UK and it's unlimited updates via Mapcare since they can't time limit it. Poor management in Seat don't understand or want to ship car which are fundamentally out of date. I'm sure the digital dash will bring it to ahead as customers watch themselves driving through fields. Google aren't brilliant they have mistakes on their maps then it turns out to be a devil of a job to get them corrected.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
If the roads dont get updated I'll be sticking with google maps. Still pretty furious that major roads that opened in Feb 2017 were not on my new car's satnav in January 2018. Pretty disgusting really.

We got our brand new leon on the 23rd of April, the new part of the M8 motorway open on the 20th April 2017 and still isn't on the SEAT satnav!! Come to think of it, I don't even think it has our junction on the M8 at junction 4a, that has been opened since September 2013!

Tell

Staff member
We got our brand new leon on the 23rd of April, the new part of the M8 motorway open on the 20th April 2017 and still isn't on the SEAT satnav!! Come to think of it, I don't even think it has our junction on the M8 at junction 4a, that has been opened since September 2013!

Seems to be on the Here We Go app which is from the same source as the VAG maps. The junction south of Townsend St on Google maps which Google says is 4a. Is yours the 0915 series map in the car. Often you get fobbed off with an old map card hence the need for Mapcare / updates.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Seems to be on the Here We Go app which is from the same source as the VAG maps. The junction south of Townsend St on Google maps which Google says is 4a. Is yours the 0915 series map in the car. Often you get fobbed off with an old map card hence the need for Mapcare / updates.

Sorry mate, I meant junction 4a on the M8, but even then, I won't use any cars satnav unless they are updated, I'll either use the android auto or if my car didn't have that I'd just use my phone, it even looks better in my phone than it does on the standard SEAT satnav.

Tell

Staff member
Well built in navigation doesn't jump roads when you loose the sat nav signal due to the feed back in wheel rotations and provides lane guidance at junctions which Google doesn't to the same extent. You don't get it on your digital dash either. This thread is about the built in sat nav. I'm wondering how many junction 4a's there are on the M8 now... I can't say I look at the beuty of the map when driving, just clear voice and lane guidance plus traffic reports. 4a is in the online Here We Go app needs someone to check their 0915 release. Unless we aren't talking about M8 4a. Put a ring around the bit you have an issue with and upload it to here.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.