MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Would they not offer a DSG version instead? Otherwise that is a lot of messing about. I ordered a 5dr Hatch Manual and would happily take a DSG if it meant actually getting the car. I can wait at worst case until end of November, but i do not intend on getting my current car MOT'd beyond that... Its a literal shed.

I wanted a dsg but it was £90 a month more to lease so went manual. I'd love it if they offered me a dsg for same price but it's highly unlikely!

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
I was told I could have a dsg for £150 month more! Think I’ll cross fingers they source me a stock manual but was told they were ringing round all day today trying to source me one with no luck.

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Just spoke to my dealer and I have mine confirmed as build week 23, they have told me the emissions issue is related to the build date, not the registration date and mine had got in before the factory shutdown, happy days!

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Had confirmation my Cupra 300 ST 4drive will be ready from the 4th July. Unfortunately I won't be able to get it until the 8th but I suppose an extra few days won't matter too much. Ordered at the end of Jan and was told 20wks so it's going to be early. Just need to sell my current Leon FR ST 2.0TDI 184 now.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Had confirmation my Cupra 300 ST 4drive will be ready from the 4th July. Unfortunately I won't be able to get it until the 8th but I suppose an extra few days won't matter too much. Ordered at the end of Jan and was told 20wks so it's going to be early. Just need to sell my current Leon FR ST 2.0TDI 184 now.
I take it you mean 4th June? As 4th July is more like 22 weeks?

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
Confirmed today that im scheduled for build week 24 (11th June) so i should still recieve it around the predicted delivery date of mid-July.... I ordered end of Feb so if you ordered around then, then keep the faith! :D

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I wanted a dsg but it was £90 a month more to lease so went manual. I'd love it if they offered me a dsg for same price but it's highly unlikely!
I was told I could have a dsg for £150 month more! Think I’ll cross fingers they source me a stock manual but was told they were ringing round all day today trying to source me one with no luck.
Those quotes for a DSG are crazy. The price difference listed on the Seat website was only £10 +vat a month extra for a DSG.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Who is the latest to order a dsg hatch on the img deal? Is the offer still on and what is the current lead time?

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
7415AB01-F20F-496E-8773-F39EC46EC9BE.jpeg
Had some bad news today on my St 300 order.
Placed order through main dealer in mid March for a manual version. Emailed them few weeks ago and they said there is slight delay and would have car early July instead of mid June. Had call from dealer today saying my car is not going to be built as they have stopped all orders for manual St’s! No good telling me this close to when I was suppose to be collecting! Trying to source me a stock but won’t hold my breath, bit of a joke really.
Anyone else in a similar position?

Fg Barnes seat Maidstone have a brand new white manual st 300 on their forecourt

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for the heads up on the Maidstone car, I have asked my dealer if they could get it for me. Not sure how easy it is for them especially financially when my order back in March was for a very good deal.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
No
Thanks for the heads up on the Maidstone car, I have asked my dealer if they could get it for me. Not sure how easy it is for them especially financially when my order back in March was for a very good deal.

No worries let me know how you get on.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
No

No worries let me know how you get on.

Unfortunately because the car is registered I can’t have it as won’t have the same support as a brand new car. The dealer is going to let me know by the end of the day if Seat Uk have found me one. If not I’ll have to take business else where unfortunately.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Had some bad news today on my St 300 order.
Placed order through main dealer in mid March for a manual version. Emailed them few weeks ago and they said there is slight delay and would have car early July instead of mid June. Had call from dealer today saying my car is not going to be built as they have stopped all orders for manual St’s! No good telling me this close to when I was suppose to be collecting! Trying to source me a stock but won’t hold my breath, bit of a joke really.
Anyone else in a similar position?

I was in a similar position with regards to not being able to get a manual. I originally ordered a manual back in October last year.

My order got mixed up and the wrong spec was delivered in February.

We had to reorder my CUPRA but because of the price changes (increase this year) I had to have that signed off by SEAT that I could reorder at the same price. It took so long to get this sorted that they stopped taking orders on the manual.

I then had to have it signed off by SEAT that I could have a DSG on the same deal as this wasn't my fault.

My car was only ordered on the 23rd of May and is not expected to be delivered until Dec/Jan.

So If you have a case you can through customer services but the process is very long and stressful.

As I already had a VWFS lease I could afford to wait, but if you are expecting/needing your car by a certain time it may not be worth the hassle.

Last edited:

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Wow, sounds like I’m not the only one then, hard to believe they could allow this situation to happen. Very avoidable if the communication was there between Seat Uk, the dealers and the customers. To be honest I have logged my complaint with Seat Uk, but more so just to have a rant and get it out of my system! I have no intention of ordering another Seat, this had left a very bad taste. I’m hoping other members on here don’t end up in the same disappointing position, so if anyone has ordered a manual ST in the last few months then I’d advise to chase your dealer to confirm the car will be built. Nothing worse than being told last minute that you’re not getting a car. If Seat Uk offered me a dsg St for the same price I’m just not in a position to wait several months for it, but the gesture would go some way at least.

Jamilarov

May 9, 2018
Wow, sounds like I’m not the only one then, hard to believe they could allow this situation to happen. Very avoidable if the communication was there between Seat Uk, the dealers and the customers. To be honest I have logged my complaint with Seat Uk, but more so just to have a rant and get it out of my system! I have no intention of ordering another Seat, this had left a very bad taste. I’m hoping other members on here don’t end up in the same disappointing position, so if anyone has ordered a manual ST in the last few months then I’d advise to chase your dealer to confirm the car will be built. Nothing worse than being told last minute that you’re not getting a car. If Seat Uk offered me a dsg St for the same price I’m just not in a position to wait several months for it, but the gesture would go some way at least.
I regret that your order was cancelled. It will be interesting if I get to the same situation because I still have my Cupra st in manual ordered from April 2018. Visiting my dealer every wednesday but there has not been any change so far. Still the estimated week 27 but no build confirmed. But I am in mainland Europe, maybe different situation from UK. So there is still some hope. If they cancel my order I will wait for the end of this year and see if the Cupra r st is worth it.

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Looks like some people are getting their vehicles, which is good news. I just had a courtesy call from SEAT UK, and still no build week after at least 18weeks.... Ordered mid January.