Options affecting Leon lead times

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
That's the thing, I don't think they even know yet. It sounded to me like Seat have been quite vague with the dealers as to when the rebranded Cupra will actually become available.

They said they will know more in July time, which coincidentally is when their deal ends. I have heard the rumours about the new Cupra model too, but it's probably all just marketing speak...

Oh ok, I was expecting small MY19 changes perhaps as WLAN Alexa capability, but nothing major.

Very interesting

Tbh i am just happy to have the digital cockpit and illuminated sills :)

By the time it comes i'll be over 36 months into a 24 month lease on my 280 :)

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Went into IMG Seat Warrington today as my step dad was ordering a new FR...luckily they have already ordered stock to be delivered in July so he'll be getting one of those, rather than waiting 20 weeks or whatever the lead time was!

I saw an orange Cupra outside though and I thought OMG I need one...they have an offer too at £280 deposit, £280 a month. But they told me to hold off ordering a Cupra because chances are the spec you order now won't be the spec you get next year, what with all the branding changes. I think I'm better listening to their advice to not order rather than just jumping in!

Still though, I have my 64 plate Cupra 280 so it's not all bad...

Does anyone have any idea what sort of deal they have on the cupra st? i really dont know what to do, im on PCP till march and i wish they'd offer some info about the new cupra brand leon, dont know if i should start looking now due to lead times, or hold off but not knowing when or how much the new ones would be its not straight forward.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Does anyone have any idea what sort of deal they have on the cupra st? i really dont know what to do, im on PCP till march and i wish they'd offer some info about the new cupra brand leon, dont know if i should start looking now due to lead times, or hold off but not knowing when or how much the new ones would be its not straight forward.
I think if you ordered one in a few months and delivery was after your deal ending, whoever you have your ST through now would let you extend it until you actually receive your new car. I'm sure I've read people here doing the same thing.

What I did find interesting (just remembered) is that the dealer are thinking that there will be a Cupra R again in the future, but not a limited run. They are thinking that the limited edition last year was just testing the waters to see if people would be prepared to pay extra for an R - which, obviously, they were.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Great to see this post, Luke!

How does it match your original car in terms of spec?

Same engine, same colour (obviously), same interior, same driver convenience pack plus, nicer wheels, but not Sound Pack.

Standard Sound is okay at higher volume but lacks the kick of the sub at lower levels.

Luckily, the dealer had it at port waiting to be sold!!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
When the cupra brand was launched they did say the first leon would be the mk4. The current model won't be changing brand.

Alexpowell1

Apr 21, 2018
Manchester
Have been advised that delivery will be January/February 2019 if the order was placed this month. This is a direct memo straight from the SEAT factory yesterday (30th May).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.