DSG Service Cost

Deleted member 103408

You are most welcome, if you want to make sure what is correct for your car you can always use erwin https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showHome.do this is the official documentation center and you can join for free and pay a fee for use by the hour / day etc and get lots and lots of info which they say is kept up to date by Seat Engineers.

Reactions: Wastedagen

Deleted member 103408

Just sharing a bit more information.

From Wikipedia

Name.....Orientation.....Ratios...Max. torque (N·m)...Clutch type
DQ200 Transversal...........7...........250 .....................Dry
DQ250 Transversal ...........6 ..........400......................Wet..........This is what I have on 2014 Cupra
DQ380[20] Transversal......7...........380 .....................Wet
DQ381 Transversal...........7...........420-430................Wet
DQ500 Transversal...........7...........600.......................Wet
DQ511 Transversal ..........10...........550.....................Wet
DL382 Longitudinal...........7...........400.......................Wet
DL501 Longitudinal...........7...........600 .......................Wet

So according to this its only the DQ200 that is a dry gearbox the rest are all shown as Wet.

According to this article the DQ200 is a dry clutch and is designed for lower torque applications and because it's also fitted to smaller cars, it needed to be lighter as well.

DSG Maps on the DQ250, the current Revo stage 3 is showing max torque of 550 (above article shows max at 400) and there are many other tuning companies (both engine and gearbox) who are happy (and have tested) at 550 level however it is also recommended that you change your oil and filter more often (just as you will with engine).

The DQ250 on the service schedule is refereed to as OD9 according to OBD11 this is the first 3 characters of the software version

One last minor point, on the VW Sites the dsg service is at 40,000 Miles while the Seat one is 60,000 km (37,odd miles) so I guess most garages will quote 40,000

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Abs

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Well, I am kinda stuck with the dealer, since car is on extended warranty - although I am told that for Finland, provided you use correct parts, processes and intervals, you can service wherever you want without it affecting warranty.

Deleted member 103408

Sorry its late cupra 280 2015 told by Worcestershire seat that it's due now at 35k miles just gna get it done saves the stress

I don't think just under 3 thousand miles (60/- KM = 37282 miles) is going to make a big difference and its better sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Abs