Mk4 spy shots in Autocar

Andy665

Dec 1, 2017
That's a current model - standard practice for manufacturers to test new components on current model mules

Deleted member 103408

Check out the comments section, lot of people talking about all the screen gadgets and the impact on people driving without due care and attention.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Check out the comments section, lot of people talking about all the screen gadgets and the impact on people driving without due care and attention.

A good point was made that SEAT's head of interior design stated previously that climate control shouldn't be integrated into the touchscreen. Now it looks like that decision has been overturned.

If the voice control is as good as the market leaders then there will be less of a need to use the screens, whist on the move.
Both Google and Alexa are on point imho, although I don't know how well they handle dialects and accents.

People have it in their homes controlling electrical equipment and such already and successfully.

As long as they separate the need to use a data connection for the in-built functions it'll be interesting to see.

Me
"Hey [insert car's nickname] enable CUPRA mode"
Car
" CUPRA mode enabled"

Seems like we're all heading for that Nightrider life :)

Deleted member 103408

Here in the UK its legal to use hands free phones, but we have also seen people having accidents and being taken to court because they were too busy on the phone and not paying attention to the road ahead.

I just see this fantastic kit causing the same issue. I know that Audi have stopped Video in Motion on the latest firmware for the same reason they know that people will have accidents when not paying attention.

One for the future I suspect.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yeah, that's all great for native English speakers... ;)
...you should hear some of the messages I send typed from the car.
Hahaha
Well so far Alexa supports these languages
  • Deutsch (German)
  • English (United States)
  • English (Canada)
  • English (India)
  • English (Australia)
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • 日本語 (Japanese)
I think Google is similar too. No Spanish though
;)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Here in the UK its legal to use hands free phones, but we have also seen people having accidents and being taken to court because they were too busy on the phone and not paying attention to the road ahead.

I just see this fantastic kit causing the same issue. I know that Audi have stopped Video in Motion on the latest firmware for the same reason they know that people will have accidents when not paying attention.

One for the future I suspect.

I agree with the hands free element still being a distraction for some, but passengers can be just as distracting.

I think a heads up display may be a good step forward as the new infotainment systems just provide more info to distract a driver looking at the road. For me that includes the digital cockpit.

I like the idea of voice *if it works*. As a basic stater Google on AA works well for me. They prohibit the use of video whilst in motion. So the tech can't be too far away.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.