Has anyone got the SEAT space saver spare wheel kit?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi,

If anyone's got the above kit for their Leon, do you know if it comes with 5 spare wheel bolts? I'm asking as I'm trying to buy the bits separately to make up the kit, and my friends Leon has the bolts for steel wheels. I've never seen or read about the SEAT kit coming with them. She wasn't sure if her husband had purchased them separately or not.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Just checked mine, no bolts in there.
Not sure how i would get on now with a puncture lol.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Ditto, just spare wheel, jack,wheel brace and locking bolt key. Presumably the steel spare is suitable for use with the existing bolts.

Deleted member 103408

My 280 Cupra came with spare steel wheel and no bolts, you just use the ones from the wheel you are taking off.

Reactions: kazand

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't think it would have separate bolts as it would be a steel wheel, but just wanted to check.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
One last thing!

If someone has the official SEAT kit with the 18" spacesaver, could you please let me know the part number that's stamped into the wheel that's similar to the '1K0601027B' number shown below? I'd rather buy one that I know is correct, than assume one from a Golf, etc, would be fine..... or I just swallow the £199 cost!

s-l1600.jpg

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Thanks ever so much Col for the pics, perfect! I'll see if I can find a good one.
I wondered yesterday if they had an expiry date, and I thought 'Don't be stupid', a tyre wouldn't have an expiry date!

Deleted member 103408

Going to ask the dumb question, if the tyre is past its sell buy date does that make it an MOT Failure..

Assuming (like me) the car came with the wheel and not the rubbish foam.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
in practical terms nobody is ever going to fail an MOT on the spare - because if they did then they just remove the spare at the time of test. I've watched my cars go through many MOT's and the spare has never been checked. In fact I'm struggling to recall an MOT where the boot was opened.

I mentioned the date thing just in case somebody is selling a 15 year old wheel and tyre at top dollar

Deleted member 103408

Thanks, just making sure I did not need to worry about it, and i dont.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
My used 1.4 ACT FR came with 18" performance alloys, although I know some have 17's or 16's. My question is - is the rolling radius of the 18" spare the same as the 16" spare but the 18" just has lower profile tyres? I'm guessing the 18" space saver is really designed to fit over the bigger brakes of the cupra so am I right in thinking I could buy either kit for mine? It's not as though it needs to match anything else visually. .

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
My used 1.4 ACT FR came with 18" performance alloys, although I know some have 17's or 16's. My question is - is the rolling radius of the 18" spare the same as the 16" spare but the 18" just has lower profile tyres? I'm guessing the 18" space saver is really designed to fit over the bigger brakes of the cupra so am I right in thinking I could buy either kit for mine? It's not as though it needs to match anything else visually. .

I thought the 184FR would have needed the 18" spare as it has bigger discs than the 150FR, but my friends 184FR has the 16" spare supplied by a dealer. I've got the 18" performance alloys, so will naturally be going for the 18" spare. Must be safer to have it on a lower profile to match the other three alloys. Not that you should be driving it hard on the spare, but there would be less tyre roll.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Thanks for the replies guys. I have a feeling the 18" is intended for the cupra but I don't see it having any downsides on other models. As you say though Steve if I have a space saver is on speed should be restricted to 50 and I would be taking corners slower so I don't see an issue with 16's either. I guess a counter argument is that the 18's might be more vulnerable to a pothole, but in reality either choice we are driving super carefully until we get a chance to get some new rubber. As I need the full kit with tools and polystyrene (or whatever it is) tray I will probably bite the bullet and buy a new kit rather than trawl for used

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Well, I ordered the 18" spare wheel kit from Horton SEAT's eBay site, and only the wheel turned up yesterday..... guess I'll be making a phone call today. The wheel has a part number of 5G0601011 which is slightly different to Col's pics above. Horton's website show this as being the spare wheel for the Ateca 4WD with SEAT Sound. Hopefully it's a generic wheel. I've found this which shows Col's wheel, so hopefully ok:

upload_2018-6-13_7-39-19.png

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.