Just picked up my new Leon...

Mmmikey

Jul 14, 2017
X-cellence, Nevada white, 184 2.0 TDI

What a car.

Had the old 170 fr+ 2012 model before my last car, which I absolutely loved.

Any hints/tricks I should be aware of?

I know about closing the windows when locked.

I remember the wipers one on the old model (where you could put them to the horizontal position) and I'm sure if you flashed the lights when parking, they would stay on a while.

Loved finding out all these little things :).

One thing that's annoying me at the moment is the fact that the speakers are much louder on the radio in comparison to Bluetooth... Is there a setting or an option to have this louder by any chance?

Thanks.

Reactions: silles

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
When using Bluetooth ,try turning the volume up on your phone first, that happens with me too.

Reactions: Mmmikey

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
There is an option in the infotainment screen for increasing the sound with bluetooth, it has quiet, normal and loud i'm sure. Click on the sound app on the home screen then settings and it should be in there somewhere.

Mmmikey

Jul 14, 2017
There is an option in the infotainment screen for increasing the sound with bluetooth, it has quiet, normal and loud i'm sure. Click on the sound app on the home screen then settings and it should be in there somewhere.
Thanks Scott.

I had found one with AUX last night, which I put to loud but never tried this morning to see if that works for Bluetooth. I'll try after work.

It seems to be ok when using android auto, so may just keep using that if not. It's just a pain to have to keep on plugging the phone in.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Thanks Scott.

I had found one with AUX last night, which I put to loud but never tried this morning to see if that works for Bluetooth. I'll try after work.

It seems to be ok when using android auto, so may just keep using that if not. It's just a pain to have to keep on plugging the phone in.
That might be the option I have seen then. I myself use apple carplay and really do wish we could use these features without always plugging the phone in but I'm used to it now and its always charging the phone which is good if you dont have full charge but some wont like that.

Mmmikey

Jul 14, 2017
That might be the option I have seen then. I myself use apple carplay and really do wish we could use these features without always plugging the phone in but I'm used to it now and its always charging the phone which is good if you dont have full charge but some wont like that.
Do you notice a big change in mobile data mate? I have about 15GB a month so should be ok... Just wondering?

KagnuS

Jun 4, 2018
UK
Do you notice a big change in mobile data mate? I have about 15GB a month so should be ok... Just wondering?

Before I had the car I used around 2.2 GB on average a month. Since getting the car and using Android Auto daily (includes Waze and music streaming) my monthly average is around 4.5 GB. 15 GB is plenty!

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Not really, I use 15gb a month and that was before the car so its not caused it to use more data so you should be totally fine.

Edit: on the above post I dont stream any music, doing so would definitely increase your usage. I purely only use the data on my phone for siri to work with reading out messages and allowing me to rely via siri.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.