Beats Audio

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

Does anyone have a new mk6 Ibiza with Beats Audio?

I’m about to order a new Ibiza my first brand new car and I wanted to know if it’s worth it. The Seat dealer in Leicester where I am doesn’t have a single car with beats audio apparently it’s not that popular.

Thanks

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I've not got it in mine, but the stock speakers aren't great so I kind of regret not getting it.

This reviewer liked it:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
What do you actually get with the Beats Audio package?

In the new Fiesta the B&O upgrade gives you a sub in the boot and all sorts.

Bobbetybob

Feb 28, 2018
Same sort of things as the B&O really, sub in the boot and 6 speakers (2 front, 2 rear and 2 in the A pillars). Pretty sure the normal sound system is 4 speakers only.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Thanks! Yeah I’ve seen that and I wasn’t all that impressed when I sat in a car with the normal speakers so I’m getting the beats audio without trying them... it’s just a shame no one has a car with them.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
You get 6 upgraded speakers and tweeters etc and a sub in the wheel well which sits inside a space saver wheel which is normally a £100 option

Last edited:

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Definitely worth getting in my opinion - like you I couldn't find an Ibiza at the dealer which had the upgrade, so I took the plunge. I genuinely think it's a good step up on the standard system and would 100% choose it again.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Thanks I put in my order today! Looking at mid September as it’s a factory order for the 1.0tsi 115.

Reactions: jas24

Rokki21

Feb 1, 2018
I really like them but haven’t heard the stock system to compare. I’m into my music production so for me it was on the ‘must have’ option, even though I don’t rate beats headphones at all.

I would say though that the bass is more boomy than tight and does require a few notches down on the EQ. However depth is good and the top end is nice and clear with no shrillness. Max volume is loud with no distortion.

It’s not perfect but overall it’s a good system.

Reactions: ItsLeigh and jas24

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
I really like them but haven’t heard the stock system to compare. I’m into my music production so for me it was on the ‘must have’ option, even though I don’t rate beats headphones at all.

I would say though that the bass is more boomy than tight and does require a few notches down on the EQ. However depth is good and the top end is nice and clear with no shrillness. Max volume is loud with no distortion.

I’d say that’s a good description! I also think Beats headphones are pretty pants, but the Beats sound system is one of the best I’ve come across in a car.

Not sure if it helps at all, but I usually listen to alternative rock/guitar based sort of stuff, so not really the stereotypical Beats stuff.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018

Thanks that’s good to know! I’m the same so that’s reassuring. Looking forward to it arriving it’s going to feel like a long few months

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
My opnion as I've heard the Beat audio and the stock system BUT...beats in the Arona and stock in Ibiza...not sure if they are the same though, with my music on a SD card, so I know the tunes well. The beats definately has more bass oomph, and felt it could go louder without straining and sounded fuller as there is a sub in the boot, and also an AMP under the front passenger seat (at least in Arona). The Stock Ibiza system is not bad, had sufficient bass, but not sub-woofer type bass. If I didn't hear the beats, I would have be ok with the stock system. I tested the Ibiza with standard system first, then moved to the beats in the Arona. On my current Ibiza I've got the 'Seat Sound System' with a sub in the boot, I would say this system is 'better' than the stock system, but Beats seemed to have more Amp power to the speakers. Just another thing to consider, if you are stuck in traffic or going slow (circa 30mph) most of the time, you probably can hear the difference. If you are going on noisy roads, or faster roads, I'm not sure you would even hear much of a difference (quality sound) between the two @ the same volume. I would say if you are ok with extra cost, go for it.

CaptainScrumpy

Apr 28, 2018
Has anyone checked the amplifier to see if it's 300 watt RMS or peak?
200watt divides by 8 much more easily. Say 25 watt per channel with two channels bridged for the sub.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I just thought I'd weigh in on this.
I'm currently in Uni training to be a sound engineer, I spent every day I'm not in Uni recording and mixing for people and the studio I've access to uses speakers that cost almost as much as my car.

The stock sound system in the Ibiza is excellent and for 90% of users will find it more than good enough, Its pretty accurate in its representation of the sound but I still have to apply an EQ curve but instead of the standard Smile EQ people put on things this is actually a cut of low frequencies by about 2-3, a cut of mid by 1 and a top end lift of 1-2.

So really the stock system is TOO bassy but I'd rather cut than boost!

I agree I can turn it up as loud as possible and I can hear the head unit limiting the output to protect the speakers but its still very loud and pretty accurate.

I'm not sure what the beats package is like but I certainly wouldn't want anymore bass than the stock... When I read these threads though I do wonder if my cars has beats without me knowing!

The stock system is pretty good, Sure you can replace it with aftermarkets but I'm not sure I'd swap to a beats system from the stock I'd rather just go custom at that point.

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
Changing the speakers is not a problem, but is it easy to change the sound system? Isn't it part of the Media System with the 8" screen?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The stock sound system in the Ibiza is excellent and for 90% of users will find it more than good enough, Its pretty accurate in its representation of the sound but I still have to apply an EQ curve but instead of the standard Smile EQ people put on things this is actually a cut of low frequencies by about 2-3, a cut of mid by 1 and a top end lift of 1-2.

So really the stock system is TOO bassy but I'd rather cut than boost!

I'm not sure what the beats package is like but I certainly wouldn't want anymore bass than the stock... When I read these threads though I do wonder if my cars has beats without me knowing!

Agree with you totally. Stock Seat sound systems are much better than some other manufacturer's stock systems (in the same price bracket of course). Any one checked the rear speakers if they are actually 2 way speakers (eg...has a tweeter on top of the mid-range?). At least in my Ibiza with 'Seat Sound System' amp+sub+6 speakers, the rears have a small tweeter sitting on top. Not sure if that would make the car 8 speakers in total or not. When I test drove the new Ibiza FR, left the EQ on flat...felt that bass was definately not lacking, but it wasn't subwoofer type bass..

CaptainScrumpy

Apr 28, 2018
I just picked up my Ibiza with Beats Audio today and it definitely has more low end that can be felt in your chest even at relatively low volumes than the stock stereo. My test track is Fantasy by The XX which is a good test for any subwoofer/HiFi. Haven't had a chance to check the specs on the amplifier.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I've not got it in mine, but the stock speakers aren't great so I kind of regret not getting it.

This reviewer liked it:

I think the stock speakers are excellent. I've had various cars over the years and these are by far the best speakers I've had in a car, including some self installs. The bass is tight, the treble is crisp and the whole sound is well detailed and very well balanced. You certainly need to change the EQ to make it sound better including fading the sound more to the rear, this just improves it no end though reduces the volume a bit. I listened to a Beats in the showroom recently and the only diffence I could hear was a thumping, over the top, bass - sorry but more bass doesn't equal better quality. I find the standard speakers to be very well balanced. BTW I enjoy good sound quality and know what good sound is like.

Last edited:

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
I picked my car up last week and I’m enjoying the beats audio pleased I chose it.

The thing is.. I was told the sub sits inside a space saver wheel in the wheel well so buying beats gets you both.. having a look that doesn’t seem to be the case. Was anyone else under this impression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheSwede

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
I have the stock speakers and they are fine. The treble is a bit shrill with certain songs but there is more than enough bass.

I suspect that what you get with the Beats Audio is even more bass due to the sub, and even if there is an improvement in other aspects of the sound, I doubt I would notice much difference while the car is running. Especially now in summer with the (relatively noisy) AC blowers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members