MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Yeah, I was looking at prices of the Golf R and not only is it about £100 more expensive a month, it still doesn't come with as much as the Cupra. And the options are much more expensive...

I think the only thing the Golf R doesn't come with that the Cupra does is the adaptive dampers? The Golf R gets winter pack as standard but I would prefer the adaptive dampers anyway. The performance Golfs and the Cupras are pretty much fully loaded on both sides.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I think the only thing the Golf R doesn't come with that the Cupra does is the adaptive dampers? The Golf R gets winter pack as standard but I would prefer the adaptive dampers anyway. The performance Golfs and the Cupras are pretty much fully loaded on both sides.
It doesn't have dynamic chassis control either. That's about an extra grand.

CaptainPie

Jun 12, 2018
West Sussex
I ordered my new Leon ST Cupra 300 in January and am finally picking it up tomorrow!

Estate because I have to pretend to be a family man now. Child and Dog.
Auto because my wife does not like manual and I couldn't easily justify spending so much money on something she couldn't drive

options:
Orange paint
Panoramic sunroof
driver assists (lane control, emergency breaking etc.)

Andy665

Dec 1, 2017
Here's a taster - had lots of positive comments about the Eclipse
DSC02284_sl.jpg
DSC02295_s.jpg

Reactions: Paul1979 and KagnuS

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yeah, I was looking at prices of the Golf R and not only is it about £100 more expensive a month, it still doesn't come with as much as the Cupra. And the options are much more expensive...

The Golf R quote I had was 9x23 £274pcm
8k & 24 months
This was for a 5 door manual with white non metallic paint. This was on an 18 week wait.

It was a decent deal but I get a lot more on my CUPRA order for less money.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
The Golf R quote I had was 9x23 £274pcm
8k & 24 months
This was for a 5 door manual with white non metallic paint. This was on an 18 week wait.

It was a decent deal but I get a lot more on my CUPRA order for less money.
Oh wow I got a quote for one from two different places with no options and they were both like £340 a month. I prefer the Cupra though to be honest - maybe when I've had a couple more years in one and if that 400bhp monster is actually affordable...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Oh wow I got a quote for one from two different places with no options and they were both like £340 a month. I prefer the Cupra though to be honest - maybe when I've had a couple more years in one and if that 400bhp monster is actually affordable...

The quote i received was from select car leasing. They had an offer on.

I like the CUPRA the 280 has been a great car and hopefully the 300 will be better, but I still prefer the S3 and the Golf R. 4x drive, interior and exhaust sound better imho.

I'm guessing that the CUPRA is going to get even more expensive as it becomes more premium under the new branding.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just had an update on my order.
It was placed on the 23rd of May and has been accepted by the factory this week.
No build date confirmed yet.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
I placed mine the 19th February. Nothing confirmed yet! Really getting frustrated now with the whole process.

The only update I had was 2 weeks ago when a provisional build week 38 was quoted.

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
I placed mine the 19th February. Nothing confirmed yet! Really getting frustrated now with the whole process.

The only update I had was 2 weeks ago when a provisional build week 38 was quoted.
What's annoying there is no FIFO or anything like that. I am now get fortnightly calls from SEAT UK, and they can't tell me anything other than no build date yet and they would not even estimate one. It's coming up to 6 months now and no idea when it will be built..

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
What's annoying there is no FIFO or anything like that. I am now get fortnightly calls from SEAT UK, and they can't tell me anything other than no build date yet and they would not even estimate one. It's coming up to 6 months now and no idea when it will be built..

So after 6 months your order has been accepted but with no build date assigned?! That's disturbing.
How long did it take for the factory to accept your order?
Did you order a manual or DSG?

Well I hope SEAT UK look after you.

I got a call yesterday asking me to provide feedback on my recent experience with SEAT UK. I had to tell them about my ordering experience LOL.

They are apparently looking to improve their service....

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site

odd that, mine was placed 8th March and it was built last week, should be here within the next two weeks

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
odd that, mine was placed 8th March and it was built last week, should be here within the next two weeks

What was the spec of yours? Mine should be a DSG 300 ST 4drive, white, no other options!

The date of the builds seem to be at random and I really dislike the lack of transparency in the order process.