Evening one and all....

Woodsie23

Jun 13, 2018
Evening. Although I’ve had my CUPRA for over 5 years now I’m pretty new to this. Popping my forum cherry I guess you say haha. I have already posted to see if anyone can help with an issue I’m having with my car, so any advice or knowledge you can pass over will be greatly appreciated. :)

Reactions: Superman001

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Morning Buddy,

Welcome to the Family (5 years late haha)

With regards to your issue that you've posted - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....pra-1-9tdi-engine-rattle.444962/#post-4780786

Could you have a battery that's on it's way out? Do you do lots of short journeys? Maybe worth getting a multi meter on it.

Have you done anything to your car? Got any plans for the future apart from fixing this issue lol

If you wish to get your car looked at with VCDS or ODBEleven you could get a ticket to the meet we have in Donington on the 8th July to get some like minded people to have a look see? The link to the meet is in my signature :)

Cheers

Woodsie23

Jun 13, 2018
Hiya,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it could be a battery issue, I just didn’t want to fork out on a good battery and that not the issue haha. But that was my first initial thought.

I haven’t done anything OTT with the car as I like them looking stock and subtle as I believe CUPRA’s are the ultimate sleeper cars lol. I did put eibachs on it all around but the roads round my way made it unbarable. So put stock back on the front but left them on the rear as it was riding quite high with stocks.

I was looking at the meet at donny, but I don’t think will be able to get it off work lol, but might try work so charm.

Thanks again.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You could get a multi meter and test the voltage after its been charged that will tell you if the battery is dead or dying...

Yeah I love a good sleeper car, my R isn't hidden like my old fr lol I think the exhaust gives it away..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.