MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Oh yeah. That's odd... I thought it was the manual version they were stopping orders for? I must have misunderstood

It was the manual that they stopped taking orders for. I've had to accept a DSG because of this.

Think they must have made a mistake on the site.
The 6 speed manual is the only option available for the cupra and the SC is still on there.

Not sure what they're playing at.

Update...

This post has an explanation

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....oved-from-ordering.443760/page-2#post-4780953

Last edited:

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
So after 6 months your order has been accepted but with no build date assigned?! That's disturbing.
How long did it take for the factory to accept your order?
Did you order a manual or DSG?

Similar here, ordered a 5 door dsg Feb 2nd (I think) and still no build date.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Just had an email from a dealer telling me that the Cupra is no longer being produced by SEAT, no idea what that means...apparently a new model due August-September. I wonder what that means for existing orders...

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
I ordered mid April with delivery expected October. I suspect now that if the car isn’t delivered before end August then I won’t be getting it in it’s current form. I will prob cancel the order if they can’t fulfil it at the spec it is before they closed the book today.

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
Bit worried here. Ordered end of April with a lead time of end of October. Not heard anything but wondering whether it will go through now.

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Im in the same boat as well looks like we may get the my19 spec and it could be a 290 instead of a 300 from what scrogg said. I will be raging if they change the alloys as i love them. We could be further delayed though if they cant get the cupra through the wltp :(

Andy665

Dec 1, 2017
Just my opinion but as Volkswagen Group are in deep sh** with many models not WLTP tested and the Leon nearing the end of its life in current form it would not surprise me if they simply discontinue the model- can no longer buy a non PP Golf GTi, Peugeot have discontinued the 208GTi and 308GTi, a lot of low volume models are simply being canned

Last edited:

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
So after 6 months your order has been accepted but with no build date assigned?! That's disturbing.
How long did it take for the factory to accept your order?
Did you order a manual or DSG?

Well I hope SEAT UK look after you.

I got a call yesterday asking me to provide feedback on my recent experience with SEAT UK. I had to tell them about my ordering experience LOL.

They are apparently looking to improve their service....

SEAT UK, said they are monitoring my case but refuse to even give me an indicative date. Car is a ST DSG 4Drive, fully loaded spec wise. Last two times they have seemed to want to get off the phone asap, as they have got nothing to update.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
SEAT UK, said they are monitoring my case but refuse to even give me an indicative date. Car is a ST DSG 4Drive, fully loaded spec wise. Last two times they have seemed to want to get off the phone asap, as they have got nothing to update.

Yeah that seems standard from my experience.

SEAT UK just seem to put calls in to the other departments and or dealership asking for updates.

I'm now getting weekly-fortnightly updates until my car arrives. A lot of the time it's to say they have had no further updates from the dealership.

Just keep on at them as eventually you should get some success may just take a while.

It's taken 4 months but they have since agreed to allow me a set of skirts at the advertised configurator price (inc painting & fitting) and a DSG 300/290 at the price of the IMG deal for the manual last year.

At least with the spec you have chosen your vehicle shouldn't be changed by WLTP.

Reactions: indyjones

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
Asked my dealer but not had much response other than my order has been accepted and will hear about spec changes in coming weeks. A little tempted to cancel.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Asked my dealer but not had much response other than my order has been accepted and will hear about spec changes in coming weeks. A little tempted to cancel.
Might as well wait to see what they have to say before you cancel. Sounds like there will be price rises when the order book reopens so at least the price you have now should be locked in.

GrahamW

Here’s my status:

Vehicle: SEAT Leon ST 2.0 TSI CUPRA 300
Colour: Eclipse Orange
Options: N/A (Standard Car)

Ordered 23rd January
Email from dealer on 14th May to confirm status 10 with a build week of 23 (last week 4th June).

Ordered from Lookers Seat. 8k pa on a lease with free met paint. 3+23 for £249.50 per month.

My Ibiza Cupra goes back tomorrow so hopefully it won’t be too long.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Here’s my status:

Vehicle: SEAT Leon ST 2.0 TSI CUPRA 300
Colour: Eclipse Orange
Options: N/A (Standard Car)

Ordered 23rd January
Email from dealer on 14th May to confirm status 10 with a build week of 23 (last week 4th June).

Ordered from Lookers Seat. 8k pa on a lease with free met paint. 3+23 for £249.50 per month.

My Ibiza Cupra goes back tomorrow so hopefully it won’t be too long.

It seems a fair few manual ST Cupras (including mine) got build weeks 23. Apparently mine was indeed built that week so I'm hoping it'll turn up in the UK some point this week to complete any paperwork in advance of the delivery. Might be worth checking with the dealer on the progress - I wasn't told the car had been built till I contacted them myself.

Reactions: GrahamW

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
You guys all taking yours on 18 plates? Mine was promised a 68 plate and my dealer is still saying that's still good to go. I can't see how with the new regs from 01/09??? Mine was also built week 23 so should be on its way.

My current lease goes back on 01/09 so would be annoying for my new one to be the older reg!

The dealers telling me different to what most of the internet is saying!!

Mark wilson

May 30, 2018
As it’s my birthday in July will definitely be taking it on a 18 plate.I wonder if these last 300,s might be worth a bit more down the line or will depreciate faster ?

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
As posted in the other thread

Now been given a new date of October! instead of the original July 3rd (Feb order) and no mention from anyone that it will be a different model.

Unhappy doesn't even cover it. Chasing the lease company now to see where this date has come from and if this is a date pulled out of thin air like the last 3.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I ordered mine the middle of February estimated to be built this month and delivered July at some point. Seat changed it to September without consulting anyone, dealer changed it back to July. If it doesn't come in July I'll probably cancel due to the amount of pissing about with no communication.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members