6J Ibiza FR Nevada White

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
Lisburn - Northern Ireland.
Hi just a few pics from I got it and what I’ve done to it/need to finish doing to it.

8a1bfa4d78ffefe230ab1b8f8a8c5b68.jpg

20ed8404b96c6e8fe1240800cb11bc7e.jpg

Then after I fitted my wheels.

819fba836e9335c3079e82641dcc5278.jpg

fa5cdb6dd1779aea98b1048372bc8905.jpg

7f2c2eb7dcc676560209bf7c728f3eb3.jpg

TRC splitter and black mirror caps came after that.

12c3a44580606a7da6f2072026264c19.jpg

08a799b2f2b5cf8956a050079d35be3b.jpg

4998db70f02354bf6041cda14e4eb720.jpg

Then came the pothole .

23cbebee3dcef29853b2930e6a4025e6.jpg

de3807d381d302838f247db8f68c487c.jpg

I have a set of skirts from a 9N3 18T Polo GTi I’m currently painting myself.

245815932d2fd0253b448346cfcc672d.jpg

02cd834f2d2e10ceb275b4daf654a100.jpg

I still have a set of Cupra bottom grilles to fit and a gloss black surround for the centre grille to fit too. Going to do the black mouth as well, because it looks great. Fit a boot lid spoiler and paint it gloss black, and I’m going to make my own gear gaitor for her, zilla print and a deathtune gear knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
It had been a while from I'd done anything with the car, other than washing and polishing really. So I decided that I should take the roof lining out and paint it black, because why not, eh? So, half 10 on a Thursday night, after and hour of indoor football in a piping hot gym hall, I thought this would be a great time to do it.

C pillars out first, handy enough to be honest, two torx screws and a bit of pulling, although getting the seat belt undone with the M10 torx when it's pitch black is a bit of a nightmare, better to do this in the daylight. Interior monitor sensors removed and the interior light out of the way. Tops of the B pillars and A pillars pulled back and shimmied out of the way, the boot seal half removed and the two plugs at the back of the head cloth, and she's ready to come out.

Painted the headliner and the C pillars the next day, fantastic sunny day for it, and had them back in by 8 o'clock that evening. I had ordered the A and B pillars, both sun visors, interior monitor sensor cover and the interior light in black, just to make it look the part. Of course on back order with SEAT UK, why wouldn't they be? All sorted now, definitely looks the part, the headliner is by no means perfect at all, but still transforms the look of the interior a million percent, to be honest the picture doesn't do it justice. Not a cheap thing to do, even with the staff discount I get working for SEAT in Northern Ireland. But well, well worth it.

ibiza interior.jpg
c pillar 2.jpg
c pillar.jpg
roof liner.jpg
interior light.jpg
pillar.jpg
a pillar.jpg
difference.jpg

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
I've also managed to get my side skirts finished and fitted, and to be honest, I don't think they could have turned out any better. A lot of time, and effort went into them, but I'm really chuffed with the outcome. Please ignore the gold screw, it was all I had to hand :roflmao:

skiort.jpg

skirt.jpg
skort.jpg

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Did you spray the original headliner black / dye it ? or was it new material? only thing left is the rear view mirror surround.

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
Aye I just sprayed it mate, satin black paint. It was kind of a rushed job to be honest and it was a windy, but really sunny day, but I'm happy enough with it. Yeah I know, it's making me itch looking at it, not sure if the surround comes off, as you can't buy it separately, and a new mirror is £253 cause its the auto dimming anti dazzle type.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Aye I just sprayed it mate, satin black paint. It was kind of a rushed job to be honest and it was a windy, but really sunny day, but I'm happy enough with it. Yeah I know, it's making me itch looking at it, not sure if the surround comes off, as you can't buy it separately, and a new mirror is £253 cause its the auto dimming anti dazzle type.
Any link to spray you used for both the headliner and the plastic? Must be able to take it off or you could try some great masking and spray it where it is .. would just be a tad risky.

Last edited:

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
Any link to spray you used ? Must be able to take it off or you could try some great masking and spray it where it is .. would just be a tad risky.

Literally just Halfrauds satin paint, 500ml tins. Think I got 3 tins for £13 using the trade card, saying that I think I used 5 tins between the C pillars and the headliner. You'd only need about a half tin each on the pillars to make sure you got the best coverage. Mmm I'm not sure, meant to get a look at it last night, but got drafted in for indoor football again, so I completely forgot about it. Masking it wouldn't be so bad, its just getting in and around it to fully cover it may be difficult, and watching for splashes on the interior. You'd just need to fully cover the windscreen and dashboard.

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
Forgot all about these, the second mod I done, if you can call it a mod like, MK7 Golf GTD LED number plate lights, they were costly like even with staff discount at VW but still worth it, better than just bulbs in my opinion. I still need to get the kufatec looms to knock the bulb warning light off the dash, but I'm not really that bothered I'm just used to it now haha.

First thing I done was the washer jets, because those single jets were absolutely awful, as I worked for a VW van and car centre at the time, I opted for the Caddy Van washer jets, the difference is literally night and day.

lights.jpg

Reactions: dan103

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
Had a headlight out for a while, so over the weekend there I finally fitted the bulbs I bought forever ago. They aren't bad to be honest, got rid of the rancid yellow look, a lot more white, not too bad I guess. Also bought a few things for spraying the calipers, spanners, wire brushes, sandpaper, hooks and screwdrivers. All I need now is the paint, hopefully get this done on Thursday/Friday as it's a public holiday in Northern Ireland.

bulb.PNG

Last edited:

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
So, with Thursday and Friday being public holidays here in Northern Ireland, I set to work on the Ibiza, pulled the front bumper off, easier than I expected if I’m honest. The hardest part was the four clips in the slam panel, two came out fine, two broke. Centre grille taken out, chrome surround taken off and painted black. Fog lights removed and the grilles changed to the Cupra ones, and the centre grille removed, lip painted black and a Cupra centre grille added, which caused some serious swearing, that was the biggest nightmare to change. Then front callipers painted. That was Thursday done. Friday saw the rear callipers painted and the number plate recess done black as well. So now running a black mouth and the car looks fantastic for it. Callipers aren’t to everyone’s taste, but I like to be different, plus they’ll pop in behind my Matt black Rotas when they get refitted.

Gille out.jpg

Split trim.jpg

Black trim.jpg

Fog.jpg

Fogs.jpg

Dechrome.jpg

Tape up.jpg

Bumper off.jpg

black mouth.jpg

Pink.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Good work on the front end! , like Pew... them brakes look bright haha

What's up next?

flash061

Jun 7, 2014
Good work on the front end! , like Pew... them brakes look bright haha

What's up next?

Thanks mate :D. As for whats next, the black plastic the rear number plate sits on, I think I'm going to do it gloss black, should hopefully receive my money from the roads agency soon to get the wheels back on, then I'm getting a single exit exhaust made up on either side of the bumper. Then see how I'm fixed and hopefully get some coilovers, give her the lows she deserves :roflmao: