05 Ibiza CUPRA 1.9TDI engine rattle

Woodsie23

Jun 13, 2018
Evening all,

I was wondering if any of you amazing people might have an idea of what might be going on with my car?! She’s an 05 Ibiza CUPRA 1.9TDI 160bhp and she’s a beaut, old but gold I guess you could say! However since the “beast from the east” snow we had down south a few months back she has started to make an incredibly odd ratteling sound when I start the engine up, but not every time?! It only happens every now and again but once I get the revs up it seems to clear it. At the same time when you start the car the climate control scene flashes a few times then goes back to normal?! Really bizzare but I was wondering if any of you guys would hazzard a guess? I have taken videos of both, but when I try to upload it says the files are too large. Any help or advice would be brill thanks.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If you have videos ready you should be able to share them from Google drive or Dropbox and share the link here instead of uploading them.

Hope that helps.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
assuming you oil and filter change are up to date (10-12 K and no crappy chineseum filters) the first thing I would check is the camshaft (do a search for chocolate camshaft) even tho' it's irregular it would be good to rule it out before any damage (further) is done

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.