MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Just picked up my first Cupra. Had plenty of Seat cars (Ibiza, Altea, Leon) and finally decided to bite the bullet and treat myself. Didnt want to wait months for a new build so picked up an ex Seat Management Cupra 300 DSG in Desire Red, seven months old with 4000 miles on the clock and upgraded with Heated Leather Seats and Seat Sound. Loving it at the moment just getting used to the power..

Mark wilson

May 30, 2018
Out of interest, what build week did you have?
Build week 23 I think someone already remarked earlier that a few manual st,s were allocated for the same week.Just as a point of reference I ordered through forces cars direct on 20/03/18 Pullman seat Sunderland being the supplying dealer

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone have an email address for seat customer services if you've got a contract hire/lease order? Thanks

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Does anyone have an email address for seat customer services if you've got a contract hire/lease order? Thanks
Seat customer services is [email protected]
I'm not aware of a different customer services team

Fleet/VWFS [email protected]
Is one of the addresses to talk with the contract hire team.

There are other addresses for fleet but it's generally easier to call and anything you want in writing ask for or follow up with an email.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Seat customer services is [email protected]
I'm not aware of a different customer services team

Fleet/VWFS [email protected]
Is one of the addresses to talk with the contract hire team.

There are other addresses for fleet but it's generally easier to call and anything you want in writing ask for or follow up with an email.

Thanks mate that gives me somewhere to start

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
So we have had an update from the lease company confirming what we already knew that we will get a MY19 290 due to the changes in emissions. The price is guaranteed and there was talk of compensation (no figures) once the delay was over 4 weeks.

Apparently there are 900 cars that are impacted by this (presuming all cupras?) and we have an order number so we can chase Seat direct once it gets nearer to October.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
So we have had an update from the lease company confirming what we already knew that we will get a MY19 290 due to the changes in emissions. The price is guaranteed and there was talk of compensation (no figures) once the delay was over 4 weeks.

Apparently there are 900 cars that are impacted by this (presuming all cupras?) and we have an order number so we can chase Seat direct once it gets nearer to October.

Do we know what the MY19 changes are? Is it just the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

I would be wanting compensation on the basis the car isn't what you ordered as its not the same spec (10bhp less). I ordered in February if they don't deliver till September I'll either cancel or want some money back

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Do we know what the MY19 changes are? Is it just the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a brief look online but cant see anything, someone else posted this link that seems to suggest that there will be new models

https://www.forcescarsdirect.com/new-cars/seat/leon

2.0 TSI 290 Cupra LUX [ez] 5dr DSG
2.0 TSI Cupra 300 LUX [ez] 5dr DSG 4drive

As well as the current options,

2.0 TSI 290 Cupra [ez] 5dr DSG
2.0 TSI Cupra 300 5dr DSG 4drive etc.

All have specs on them but presume they will just be the 300 ones as Scroog? (sorry if I have that wrong) said

They have also announced that the only change for MY19 CUPRA is that all colours are now included in the price (so no more paying extra for metallic paint) but, more interestingly, they have announced the introduction of CUPRA Lux Pack as an additional model, which gains Adaptive Cruise Control, Full Leather, Electric Driver Seat, KESSY and Wireless Phone Charger.

There has been no announcement yet regarding MY19 pricing, or when ordering will open...

Last edited:

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Hi, new member as reading with interest for the following reason. Have just placed an order with a Contract Hire company for a Leon ST Cupra 300 4drive DSG. Have an update (SMS text message) saying it will be with dealer by 28th January 2019. The discussion with the contract hire broker before placing the order was around the potential long build time as Seat work out how they handle the emissions issue coming up in September. However, I now am worried that I won't get what I ordered. What to do?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Hi, new member as reading with interest for the following reason. Have just placed an order with a Contract Hire company for a Leon ST Cupra 300 4drive DSG. Have an update (SMS text message) saying it will be with dealer by 28th January 2019. The discussion with the contract hire broker before placing the order was around the potential long build time as Seat work out how they handle the emissions issue coming up in September. However, I now am worried that I won't get what I ordered. What to do?
Your pretty much guaranteed to get the new emissions friendly 290bhp version.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
So more cash required if I want something that says '300' ?
The 300 can't pass the emissions standards that kick in on September. They are dropping the output by 10bhp. So the car will be a 290 as the 300's will end production.

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
The 300 can't pass the emissions standards that kick in on September. They are dropping the output by 10bhp. So the car will be a 290 as the 300's will end production.
So same as I have now, just with added 4drive and the dsg box. Need to see the performance figures before I decide to cry into my coffee or not!

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018

Sorry but thats not the case. Scrogg has already stated that the only cars affected are the 300 Hatch, manual and DSG, which will be dropping down to 290ps. The 4 drive ST will still be built with the 300ps version.

Reactions: IrnBru and Scrogg

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I thought it was understood that the 4xdrive was going to remain at 300bhp but the 2xdrive was going to have to be reduced to 290bhp?

Reactions: IrnBru

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
As posted here on Saturday the ST is unaffected by MY19 changes and WLTP and remains 300PS.

Only the 2WD versions will be 290PS.

I really wish people would stop posting incorrect information as fact and confusing people.

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
As posted here on Saturday the ST is unaffected by MY19 changes and WLTP and remains 300PS.

Only the 2WD versions will be 290PS.

I really wish people would stop posting incorrect information as fact and confusing people.
Will I still be able to dash to 62 in less than 5 seconds? I'm getting old, my kids are growing up and this could be my last chance to misbehave?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.