New TDi owner

chasdrury

Jun 17, 2018
Hi
We just bought an 05 plate Ibiza FR TDi. I have a few questions!

It's badged as an FR, and has FR dials but not FR bumpers, they look like sport bumpers. Were there some badged and produced as FR's but actually sports?

It's got a FSH and has done 160k. It's due a service now so that's fine and i'll sort the brakes and what not myself.

There are 3 keys with it - one key only with no buttons, one key with fixed blade and lock unlock buttons and one flip blade key with lock and unlock buttons.

Now, all the blades are correct -they all open the car. The flick blade key opens the car with the remote. But when I try and start it with either of the keys with buttons it cuts out after about 5 seconds of running.

Is there anyway to pair the flicking key immobiliser back to the car? I presume it's just forgotten its pairing.

Apart from that, for now, everything else seems ok!

Cheers

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
The FR was originally called the sport, around 2004 they changed the badges and a few other bits.

Does yours have the honeycomb grills on the bumper?

chasdrury

Jun 17, 2018
No it doesn’t. It’s a pre-facelift FR after a bit of digging!

Any ideas on the key situation?

Cheers

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It sounds like the folding key was bought later and its remote function paired to that car, which is easy to do. All these keys also have an imob. chip in them and that needs coded to the car, either by cloning it to another key, best to get it cloned to the basic key, or added to that car's key list by a dealer etc. Now, just one thing, if that key was bought brand new, that you should be able to get that imob chip programmed to your car - if it was bought second hand with a new blank key blade fitted to it,it has probably already been coded to a car and it is said that you can not program it a second time.

Good Luck!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that you can extract the imob SKC from the instrument pod using vag commander, but if that key has already been coded it’s transponder will not accept another code - though the OP could buy a brand new transponder chip and swop them over then find some where that could code it to the car’s imob system.