Facelift led headlamps to work on pre facelift

Jaz72

Feb 7, 2018
Hi all,

I’m new to this site so not sure if this has a thread or not that has already been posted

I have a 2016 1.2 tsi this was bought as a damaged unrecorded car with a mere 721 Miles on the clock direct from a rental company.
Anyways long story short came with no front end parts ie bumper front panel, headlamps etc.
I found what I thought was the correct bumper and led headlamps fitted them and can not get the headlamps to work fully.
They work on main beam there is no side light or indicators been told by main dealer as its a face lift front end it may not code up.

On checking the wires seem the same is it just the lamps that are different can I get these to work on a pre facelift.
Don’t really want to be buying another set of lamps.

Any help and guidance guys would be great and really appreciated.

Seat Warrington are great but there not to sure on what to do also:cry::cry:

Jaz72

Feb 7, 2018
Hi

Thanks for the reply

I have had a look and it filled me with a little hope at least I don’t have to bin the lamps and bumper and start again.

I have tried to contact him and find out what is needed there is as of yet no reply but other post he has put is saying he will not tell anyone......

So I’m still a little in the dark:(:(:confused:

Kjimi

Jan 12, 2016
Kerava, Finland
If you can not get the info you need you still have the option of selling the facelift lights and buying the pre-facelift LED lights.

simaservis1108

Jan 4, 2018
On a scale on 1 to 10,I would rate this 11 if you are having no experience in heavy wiring modification.
You need facelift BCM,facelift gateway module,FCM module instead of Headlight Leveling module and facelift headlights.

Then rewire both front headlights and you are done :)

Last edited:

Jaz72

Feb 7, 2018
Hi sorry for the the really late reply I got shipped overseas with work.
I have the facelift led lights fitted I bought from a breaker.
I was under the impression that it was just the bcm needed to be changed.
Is this a mod you have done before or have knowledge of I need to get my car sorted as it’s a little annoying with no front indicating and side lights.
Any information would be great

Reactions: mostafa syaj

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Below is a pic of the face lift connector it has a lot less connections not to mention the wire thickness is a lot less.

I have a feeling they have turned the headlights into their own CAN Nodes no longer controlled by the BCM. Which would tally up with the coding tables I’ve seen. The level control motor wiring is now integrated.

The only way to determine all this is to get the current flow diagrams for the 2017 models onwards.

Facelift
36c194849e15c2f1093b4fb29a9e79bb.jpg

Pre-facelift
d9b9c66caeabe8fde1982238c491549b.jpg

Pre facelift pinout

1. Height adjust motor (HAM) Phase 1 +
2. HAM Phase 1 -
3. HAM Phase 2 -
4. HAM Phase 2 +
5. GND
6. Low beam
7. N/C
8. High Beam shutter Not Diagnostic (Over temp warning)
9. Indicator
10. DRL PWM (+12V) when the selector is set to side lights this is 4.5V with auto it is 12V
11. High beam
12. DRL Supply (+12V) Without voltage on PWM the DRL will not light.
13. N/C
14. N/C

Facelift pinout

1. CAN HIGH
2. CAN LOW
3. Indicator
4. High Beam
5. GND
6. Low Beam
7 - 14. N/C

DRL has potentially been moved to be controlled by the Headlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

simaservis1108

Jan 4, 2018
Yes you are right.
Both headlights are their own CAN nodes,controlled by FCM module.
That is why you need new BCM,new CAN Gateway(3Q0) which would recognize FCM module,FCM module and finally headlights.

Reactions: JoseKaLeL

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Hello to all. Has anyone done a complete swap with leon cupra 300 (facelift model) led headlights to a pre facelift, for example a 2014 cupra 280? Can someone provide the exact part numbers of what is needed and also what wiring and coding? Thank you.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
My bad. Part numbers of the facelift headlights, BCM and CAN gateway would be great. What is an FCM module?

Jaz72

Feb 7, 2018
Hi
I went into my local seat dealer today to try and get to the bottom of this and this is what I was told.

My bcm is part number 5q0937084clzo this for the normal 2016 prefaclift led headlights.

With the new facelift headlights the bcm is 5q937084cq for lamps 315 MHz

Or
5q0937085bp for headlights with the 433-92 MHz and 434-42 MHz range

The cost of the new bcm was £246 - with a discount of 20% which I managed to achieve as I use them a lot.

They seemed to think as long as I found which wires went to what in the plug and a bcm the coding it should work.
Thanks for the pics titchy they are a great help.

Think the plan is to get my backside to a breakers yard cut the plugs of and grab a bcm and find out what MHz my facelift headlights are

Reactions: mostafa syaj

Jaz72

Feb 7, 2018
Oh ok .....
As I’m a little lost and confused on this I was only going on what the dealers told me.
Even though helpful they didn’t really want to get to involved as it wasn’t factored standard

All help knowledge etc would be greatly appreciated

simaservis1108

Jan 4, 2018
Your remote control is stored in BCM,as well as SWAP codes for Cruise Control,Driver profiles and Fatigue detection.
315MHz is US remote control standard.
433/434 is EU remote control standard.

So your frequency range is 433/434 EU.

I will post the part numbers when I get back from the trip.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Your remote control is stored in BCM,as well as SWAP codes for Cruise Control,Driver profiles and Fatigue detection.
315MHz is US remote control standard.
433/434 is EU remote control standard.

So your frequency range is 433/434 EU.

I will post the part numbers when I get back from the trip.

Hello. Have you returned from your trip? Could you please post the part numbers?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.