Advice needed

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Hi guys.
Wondering if any of you guys would know the answer to this or had the same experience.

Say you had a fault fixed from the dealer, the car was out of warranty but Seat CS and the dealer split the full cost as goodwill so I paid nothing for the fix.
A few months later the exact same fault occurs.
The dealer is saying I will need to pay the costs of the repair even if it's the same fault.
The argument behind this is even though all repairs are guaranteed for 12 months that's only if I had paid for the work myself.
As the dealer and Seat CS split the cost then the 12 months guarantee doesn't apply and I'm liable for any further costs for the repair.

Is this correct?

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Sounds like BS to me.

The work should be guaranteed regardless of who fit the bill.

Otherwise, they could just say they fixed it and send you on your way with the fault still present and if you said "its still broken" they would say its not under guarantee because you didn't pay for it.

Tosh.

Reactions: silles

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Cheers Tosh I said exactly the same thing to the guy but he was adamant that's the process.
Looks like i might have an unnecessary argument coming up then :s

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
@tosh, its was the egr valve/cooler. The coolant bottle would be emptied every other week.
Made a thread on this when it happened a few months ago.

@seriously, the issue is they are saying they won't honour that statement as I never paid anything to the cost of the repair. The invoice didn't have my name on it, it was billed to Seat

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Call seat customer services they will clear it up contact the dealer if they are in the wrong.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Hi guys.
Wondering if any of you guys would know the answer to this or had the same experience.

Say you had a fault fixed from the dealer, the car was out of warranty but Seat CS and the dealer split the full cost as goodwill so I paid nothing for the fix.
A few months later the exact same fault occurs.
The dealer is saying I will need to pay the costs of the repair even if it's the same fault.
The argument behind this is even though all repairs are guaranteed for 12 months that's only if I had paid for the work myself.
As the dealer and Seat CS split the cost then the 12 months guarantee doesn't apply and I'm liable for any further costs for the repair.

Is this correct?

The law is clear on this.

Your repairs came with a warranty. That warranty applies irrespective of who paid for the original work.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Indeed. If SEAT customer services can't, (or won't) help then the mere threat of handing the matter over
to Trading Standards will always get their attention. Hopefully you won't need to.

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
soooo their opinion is, if they made a repair at their cost and accidently cut your brake lines and you crashed and lost a leg, they'd just say "well you didn't pay for it so tuff ****" not quite sure that would hold up :clap:

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
We'll got my car back and although didn't have to go through the above scenario car got diagnosed with a leaking radiator, so had the same symptoms as before the egr cooler was replaced but different component.

They said I must have bumped the underside of the car to damage the radiator yet I don't remember hitting anything or going over a speedbump hard and the underside of the bumper wasn't scraped so don't know how it could have happened.
Also as I was the one to damage it can't claim anything for it.

Will need a new radiator, cost of the fix £500 through dealer :( so will probably look for alternatives.

Thanks for the responses anyways

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
All work under warranty is still under warranty even if you didn't pay. This is the same principle. They agreed to fix it, it isn't fixed, it's back on them.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise