Sat nav update

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Hi all. Having problems updating the sat nav unit on my 2014 Leon. I tried to follow the instructions on the seat official page but as expected they were a load of garbage. I've made a copy of the old maps from the Sd card saved that to my computer. Formatted the sd card. Tried to load on the new maps (6 files I just dragged and dropped) off the and my sat nav won't read it comes up with a error message. So after getting no where from playing around with it like making new folders etc. I formatted the sd card and tried to put on the old maps again just so the sat nav still worked. However now this isn't working and comes up with the same error message. HELP?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I would assume by formatting it you may of deleted hidden files or folders/partitions on the card.

You made sure the card is formatted in the correct file system one would assume it needs to be FAT32...

You could try and recover any files missing from the copy using some free software.

I don't have a MK3 so unfortunately I cannot help much more than that.

Hope you get it fixed soon

Cheers

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
So i think I've founf the problem. Ive downloaded the files but they're in a "7 zip" format so they to be "unzipped" using a 7 zip app (that doesnt exsist) to be able to be put on my Sd card for it to work. HELP

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Thanks will try that and let you know how i get on. Once i open the file do i just copy n paste whatever i find inside it

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks will try that and let you know how i get on. Once i open the file do i just copy n paste whatever i find inside it

It should give you an iso file I think which you need to burn to a cd using the slowest speed possible. You'll need a few tries as it is very picky when it wants to read the Cd in the car. I used my mac to burn the image so I'm unsure of the best one for Windows.

Hope that helps

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
I have a sd card not a cd so does that still apply?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have a sd card not a cd so does that still apply?

Sorry I thought you had a MK2 lol

I'm out at that point it maybe just a copy of files as my mk2 one will be different to yours...

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
*update* got the files unzipped and onto the sd card. Plugged this into my car and well the car recognises its there now but is now displaying this error message instead.
7b31c9326a7524d1577d10b9fe1de1ce.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise