Toledo wont unlock or turn over

kris1983

Nov 23, 2014
Hi everyone im looking for info on issues im having. I drove to work as normal this morning with no issues, but after work i couldn't unlock the car with the remote and noticed the rear tail lights were on but not the front side lights. After using the key in the door lock to gain access in to the car i checked the light switch was off and it was. I tried unlock the rest of the doors using the interior unlock button, they click but the dead lock isnt disengaging but the boot unlocks. After trying to start the car nothing happens not even a starter motor click (fuel pump can be heard priming). The lights on the dash come on as normal when the key is turned to ON, strangely tho all the guages are showing a reading even when ignition is turned off and the battery is disconnected (dials say im doing 15mph and 600rpm and temp guage is at 1 quarter) Before disconnecting the battery i tried to bump satrt the engine and was easily successful (it ran lumpy for a few secs then ticked over below normal rpm) but the accelerator pedal was not working. Iv searched google and this forum but Im stumped, any ideas are very much appreciated.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Very Flat Battery symptoms. I had to be towed in this situation. Recovery garage thought starter motor was broke too since car wouldn't jump start from their booster battery (so they ordered one). However after an overnight charge my battery had loads of oomph and the car started so we didn't have to fit the new starter.

kris1983

Nov 23, 2014
Tried a known good battery and all seems fine at the moment, shocked it could drain so fast since lunch time. Very odd symptoms, thanks for the assistance very much appreciated.

pel

Jun 23, 2013
I had something similar, turned out to be a faulty brake pedal switch which was turning the brake lights on and flattening the battery

Deleted member 103408

If you have an OBD Reader might be worth doing a scan to see if you have any errors being reported that might cause battery drain.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.