Boheme purple

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Hi , has anyone got a boheme purple Leon fr , if so could you post a few pics, as the images I have seen all look different according to the lighting situations , I just want to see it in normal daylight , cheers

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Always worth having a look at the used cars section of Seat’s website. You can set the filters in the advanced search facility so you just view purple Leons.

There’s a few on there currently in different daylight lighting conditions, and for each car, there should be a selection of pictures.

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Thanks for the pic , l am going to view one this week and potentially purchase it subject to it being as described . The colour is darker than I thought but thats a good thing .

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
I'm not sure about it, looks a bit too dark almost burgendy in some light, but then that's going off pics I've not seen it in real life.
I don't think it looks sporty enough for a FR or cupra I'm not sure if it's the lines of the car but it would be more suited to a normal trim model.

If it was more purple like the old BMW techno violet or the old Merc Cadbury type purple/northern lights purple it might have been better.

Although end of the day, all that matters is if you like it go for it

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
I will know as soon as I see it if it's the colour for me , but I do like the fact that its bit different , I find car colours these days really boring ,when my wife was choosing the colour for her A3 the choice was more or less fifty shades of grey.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Know exactly what you mean! I feel like almost every car on the road is white, black or some shade in between!

My wife has a Boheme Purple arriving within the next month and I myself have Northern Lights Violet mentioned above by someone.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
I think Boheme Purple looks fantastic in the SEAT brochure and there is a '67' reg Leon ST in that shade that
I often pass on the way to work and back.
To my eyes, it mostly seems to look 'strangely slightly off black' - or indeed more 'very dark brown' depending
on the type of daylight. Rare that it looks much like purple, sadly.

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Well , I am going to view the car tomorrow , thanks for the replies . The spec of the car is just what I am looking for , I just hope I like the colour , all this talk about it looking brown isn't promising though .

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Viewed , had a test drive and bought the car today . The colour is interesting , as it seems to change dependant on the angle you view it from, so I am back in to the Seat fold after nine months without one ..

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Viewed , had a test drive and bought the car today . The colour is interesting , as it seems to change dependant on the angle you view it from, so I am back in to the Seat fold after nine months without one ..
It didn’t look too brown in the end then?
Must admit my NLV is probably mistaken for black unless it’s both clean and in summer sunlight or other good direct light.

To the casual observer who glanced they wouldn’t know it’s purple and I’m imagining the Seat will be no different when it arrives.

One thing I will say though is NLV is the worst of both worlds. Because it’s dark it spends most of its time looking dirty, even hours after washing! Secondly that dirt is what makes it look like it’s black in the first place! :banghead::banghead2

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members