MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Not a daft question at all. It's one we will be asked a lot.

MY19 ordering does not open until July (or later for some engines/options). All MY18 orders placed up until then will be price-protected at the price in effect at point of order, and SEAT have stated that, other than unconfirmed CUPRA 300 (and a tiny number of discontinued engine) orders, customers will receive at least the specification they ordered (which to me suggests some might get more).

If customers choose to cancel their MY18 order and place a new order for a MY19 they will lose their price protection, and the clock will reset on the lead time.

Any prices for the cupra lux and standard been released yet and is there definitely no option to add the reversing camera, could you ask this too?

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Just to highlight a point on this with regards to unconfirmed CUPRA 300 orders.

Other than the engine map which has been well documented on here would you expect customers to receive the specification they ordered? Are there any questions around options that were selected?

Some customers are worried that certain options may have been removed from availability for the CUPRA such as SEAT Sound.
There is a document that was released alongside the one I have posted on here that I have not posted, in which it states:

"Please note that customer orders placed as MY18 and converted to MY19 by SEAT UK will be built as ordered, with any optional extras or removed equipment added manually by SEAT UK where possible."

So yes, I would expect customers to receive the specification they ordered.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Any prices for the cupra lux and standard been released yet and is there definitely no option to add the reversing camera, could you ask this too?
CUPRA 5dr - £29,525 + VED + 1st Reg Fee
CUPRA 5dr - £30,635 + VED + 1st Reg Fee

CUPRA 5dr - £32,605 + VED + 1st Reg Fee
CUPRA 5dr - £33,715 + VED + 1st Reg Fee

There doesn't appear to be a rear camera option, but I will ask...

Reactions: Matt-taylor

CaptainScrumpy

Apr 28, 2018
@Scrogg
Do you know why the ibiza FR Sport has LED DRL's and the FR has Full LED. It seems like that should be the other way around?

I'm picking up my car on Sunday so makes no difference - just interested!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
There is a document that was released alongside the one I have posted on here that I have not posted, in which it states:

"Please note that customer orders placed as MY18 and converted to MY19 by SEAT UK will be built as ordered, with any optional extras or removed equipment added manually by SEAT UK where possible."

So yes, I would expect customers to receive the specification they ordered.

I've just had this confirmed by two other dealers today.

They also went on to say that the options on the CUPRA via the easy offer have been reduced because of WLTP.

By allowing the original options list would account for more tests & time to determine how they would effect the emissions and potentialy change the tax on the vehicle.

The easy offer gets around this by creating less configurations and standards that have been tested.

Not sure how accurate all this is but I'd thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks again Scrogg.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I've just had this confirmed by two other dealers today.
It's almost as if we all get sent the exact same information at the exact same time!

They also went on to say that the options on the CUPRA via the easy offer have been reduced because of WLTP.

By allowing the original options list would account for more tests & time to determine how they would effect the emissions and potentialy change the tax on the vehicle.

The easy offer gets around this by creating less configurations and standards that have been tested.

Not sure how accurate all this is but I'd thought I'd throw it out there.
That pretty-much sums it up, yes...

Easy Offer will also reduce lead times. The same amount of cars will be built, but as there will be fewer combinations of available specifications the likelihood of a car matching a customer order already being in the system increases significantly.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Did you have a call with Seat UK today Scrogg and did you mange to ask any questions the forum put forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rageuk

Jun 30, 2007
West Yorkshire
Not a daft question at all. It's one we will be asked a lot.

MY19 ordering does not open until July (or later for some engines/options). All MY18 orders placed up until then will be price-protected at the price in effect at point of order, and SEAT have stated that, other than unconfirmed CUPRA 300 (and a tiny number of discontinued engine) orders, customers will receive at least the specification they ordered (which to me suggests some might get more).

If customers choose to cancel their MY18 order and place a new order for a MY19 they will lose their price protection, and the clock will reset on the lead time.

Thanks for the update, forgot I also added front parking sensors and the mandatory rear camera to my car which now the from parking sensors become standard. I’m half way between an FR and a FR Sport now, thanks to me paying for he options

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Did you have a call with Seat UK today Scrogg and did you mange to ask any questions the forum put forward?
A webinar, yes. Lots of stupid questions asked by people that clearly hadn't read the description of what the purpose was, but I did manage to get all my questions answered:

Beats Audio/SEAT Sound (why has it been completely removed from all models other than Mii?)
"We have seen limited uptake of the Beats Audio and SEAT Sound systems from customers and the residual value impact on the vehicle is minimal. For this reason we have not included Beats as standard equipment (except for on Mii). We will continue to monitor feedback on Beats and will factor this into future product decisions."

DAB (why isn't it standard across all models yet?)
"We're monitoring monitoring legislation around the switch off of FM/AM. We will make changes to the range accordingly to keep models competitive in the market. We plan to look at this again ahead of MY20."

WLAN
"WLAN has been postponed until MY20. We will publish more details as soon as we have them."

Transition from 1.4 EcoTSI 150 to 1.5 TSI EVO 150
"Unconfirmed orders for 1.4 EcoTSI 150 in Leon and Ateca will switch across to the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 once MY19 opens for ordering on these engines. Price protection will still apply."

Other than these, the only other question that will be of interest to the forum was:

Ateca CUPRA
"Launch information will be available on CUPRA Ateca towards the end of Q3"

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
A webinar, yes. Lots of stupid questions asked by people that clearly hadn't read the description of what the purpose was, but I did manage to get all my questions answered:

Beats Audio/SEAT Sound (why has it been completely removed from all models other than Mii?)
"We have seen limited uptake of the Beats Audio and SEAT Sound systems from customers and the residual value impact on the vehicle is minimal. For this reason we have not included Beats as standard equipment (except for on Mii). We will continue to monitor feedback on Beats and will factor this into future product decisions."

DAB (why isn't it standard across all models yet?)
"We're monitoring monitoring legislation around the switch off of FM/AM. We will make changes to the range accordingly to keep models competitive in the market. We plan to look at this again ahead of MY20."

WLAN
"WLAN has been postponed until MY20. We will publish more details as soon as we have them."

Transition from 1.4 EcoTSI 150 to 1.5 TSI EVO 150
"Unconfirmed orders for 1.4 EcoTSI 150 in Leon and Ateca will switch across to the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 once MY19 opens for ordering on these engines. Price protection will still apply."

Other than these, the only other question that will be of interest to the forum was:

Ateca CUPRA
"Launch information will be available on CUPRA Ateca towards the end of Q3"

Thanks, No reversing camera as standard or optional on the cupra then?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Nope, no camera as standard or an option on MY19 CUPRA. Not a lot of demand for it, apparently.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
FWIW I've always considered cameras as one of those 'nice if you've got it' options, but I wouldn't pay extra for one.

If I was looking to place an order for a Leon CUPRA Mk3 (which I wouldn't be - I'd be waiting for the Mk4 - but hey, that's just me) I'd be more annoyed at not being able to order SEAT Sound than a rear view camera.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
I guess its because thats what i have currently added to my order and i have it in my current vehicle, don’t know if i could wait another year for the mk4 to be available and plus I’m sure it will be more expensive, I’m leasing too so residual value has no implications to me

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
If you already have a car on order you will get the specification you have ordered (other than being 290 if it's 2WD) as SEAT have already confirmed they will be manually amending MY18 orders to ensure customers get at least what they ordered once the switchover to MY19 kicks in.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
If you already have a car on order you will get the specification you have ordered (other than being 290 if it's 2WD) as SEAT have already confirmed they will be manually amending MY18 orders to ensure customers get at least what they ordered once the switchover to MY19 kicks in.

Bladdy hell, theres pro’s and cons with that, with the lux pack i get more for what i am paying and can add a sunroof to equal what im currently paying, but i dont get the camera, i would rather upgrade to the lux pack and sunroof but from what your saying im unsure if that is now possible without changing the date, hopefully seat will give you the option

Thanks for reporting this to us at least we have a full up to date understanding of whats going on

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I'm happy to be proven wrong, but considering MY19 CUPRA ordering doesn't open until mid-August I can't see SEAT keeping your current lead time if you change your order across what they consider two different models.

Reactions: indyjones

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Noodling about on the UK configurator , it appears that although the new models (FR Sport , Lux etc) haven't yet materialised, the option to spec. up extras on the existing range have been deleted....