EGR Valve Query

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
Guys
I have a 1.9TDI PD150 and I was going to do the EGR delete and have purchased the EGR delete, replacement inlet manifold (cleaned out), inlet gasket, EGR cooler delete pipe and EGR mapped out ECU.
Last night I thought I'd see how bad my EGR is and to my surprise it was pretty clean (just a little oil in it) so thought do I need to do the EGR delete?
So, my question to you guys is should I use the mapped out ECU and the blanks for the small exhaust pipe or will I need to fit the EGR cooler pipe too?
Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
You can manually stop the EGR from working, by removing and blocking one of the pipes going to it (can't remember which one).
I have done this in the past. Fuel consumption is marginally better. It removed the 'hesitation' at about 1700rpm when I can feel the EGR kick in. But it does throw an EML

Ryan_98

Leon Mk1 enthusiast
May 24, 2016
Guys
I have a 1.9TDI PD150 and I was going to do the EGR delete and have purchased the EGR delete, replacement inlet manifold (cleaned out), inlet gasket, EGR cooler delete pipe and EGR mapped out ECU.
Last night I thought I'd see how bad my EGR is and to my surprise it was pretty clean (just a little oil in it) so thought do I need to do the EGR delete?
So, my question to you guys is should I use the mapped out ECU and the blanks for the small exhaust pipe or will I need to fit the EGR cooler pipe too?
Any advice is appreciated.
I would say put egr and cooler delete on even if it's not coked up yet it will at some point. And get it mapped out (turned off as much as possible through ECU think it's 5% you put it to) just not sure how you would get on in mot having the egr removed? But they are better with it off as using clean air all the time, and your not hauling the cooler and extra pipe around so less weight (cooler a little bit heavy) so will make a difference

Ryan_98

Leon Mk1 enthusiast
May 24, 2016
if anything removing it should cause less smoke as its getting more fresh air rather than half burnt air which means it actually has a cleaner combustion and thus less smoke. but yeah visual smoke is more really for new diesels so i wouldn't worry about it on yours

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
EGR delete is now a fail, mot stations do look for it and check it's present now. mapped out or not it has to be there now. Also any black smoke is a fail, police see you kicking it out...be worried
Good news..ozone is now fixed yay mankind!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.