Ex Police 2010 Green Sleeper TFSI Exeo

marculos

May 16, 2010
Picked up a dark green ex police tfsi exeo the 200 bhp version. This will be a nice subtle quick sleeper once I have finished with it !

Two owners from new, last guy had it few years and he drove it like my dad it seems! Previous to him was police car.

I was looking for newest 2.0 tfsi I could afford and this was way cheaper than an equivalent Octavia VRS, albeit it probably wont handle quite as well.

It was completely standard apart from some extra police gubbins installed on the dashboard which I will remove.

Plan is to make it go quicker and handle better and fix the broken bits. First off will service it and change cam follower and any other engine bits that need doing, seems to pull really well though bit gutless under 3/4k.

So far have replaced air and pollen filter, oil and filter in next week. Replaced pedals with RS4 ones. Replaced cup holder as was broken and I need my coffee man ! Replaced fag lighter with cover.

Fixed rear speakers and bluetooth that were not working. Taken out plastic bung under battery to help water ingress issue. Driver headlight wasnt working, dodgy electric connection that was causing traction control light and and TPM light to remain on, bit of electrical cleaner fixed this. Rear view mirror fell off in my hand today lol so will fix this and the rain sensor doesn't appear to be working.

So plans are ...

Rustproof.

Engine - Stage 1 Remap once its healthy to 250 bhp. Milltek catback exhaust. Possibly an intake.
Engine covers for battery etc. Possibly R8 oil cap.

Suspension - Refresh suspension arms, droplinks etc where necessary. Upgrade to Bilstein B8 shocks and Eibach Pro Springs probably. Rear RS4 sway bar

Brakes - Brakes are awesome as is. Will replace fluid with 5.1 and possibly change to braided hoses if any benefit.

Styling - Change front grill to honeycomb grill. Interior LEDs and LED sidelights. Upgrade to Osram bulbs for headlights. Possibly replace alloys not sure what yet. Front cupra splitter

ICE - Install factory sub powered by rear amp. New Head Unit with Sat Nav - not sure what model to go for.

Open to suggestions on other mods !

20180526_141010.jpg

marculos

May 16, 2010
Just reattached rear few mirror and reattached wiring and now the rain sensor appears to working result !

Radio reception is terrible especially Radio 4 - not sure if anything can be done to improve this as aerial is inbuilt into rear window.

marculos

May 16, 2010
So far
  • replaced broken cup holder
  • Replaced pollen filter and air filter
  • fitted rs4 pedals
  • removed battery bung
  • Replaced front interior lights with leds, glove box and boot with leds

marculos

May 16, 2010
Next
  • Oil and filter change next week.
  • Investigate intermittent error code.
  • Start sourcing front suspension parts. Arms shocks and springs
  • Full led light change

marculos

May 16, 2010
Oil & Filter change this week. Had diagnostics on error codes which have cleared again. Looks like possibly PCV Valve so will swap that out with R revision.

All interior lights been changed to LED 6000 White apart from rears which are disco LEDs baby !

Installed RS4 foot rest to match the RS4 pedals.

Installed K&N Panel Air Filter.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Disco LEDs lol good work!

You'll have to get some more pics up.

Any future plans?

marculos

May 16, 2010
Replaced outside side lights with LEDs. Inner side lights look like a PITA to change.

Replaced broken footwell air vent. New go faster green seat sticker.

Have sourced TRW upper arms, Eibach Pro Springs and Bilstein B8s for front. Need fitting.. need more bits including updated 034 top mounts.

Sourced PCV and new revision diverter Valve to fit when I get the engine work done. New NGK plugs on the way and debating R8 Coil Packs. Cam follower will be replaced. Debating upgraded TIP.

Engine is overrevving on gear change suspect clutch switch which I be sourced for a fiver.

Other plans ... front leather seats, new sat nav android head unit, cat back exhaust, r tech map, rs4 rarb, 034 engine mount

marculos

May 16, 2010
Replaced clutch switch today with one from a octavia for a fiver and no over revving now between gear changes !

marculos

May 16, 2010
20180804_122954.jpg

Stuck on some cheap TSI badges and upgraded headlights to Osram Super , 30% brighter apparatly

marculos

May 16, 2010
My Exeo TSI Sport Spec. 200 bhp 6 speed manual. Cloth sport seats. 18" Alloys, Sports Springs
Non Bose 8 Speaker Stereo. Bit Pants. MP3 CD, USB MP3 slot, Aux In. Bluetooth hands free
Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Cruise Control. Headlight washers, Folding Mirrors, Auto dim mirrors, rear parking sensors, tyre pressure system, factory tinted windows, dual climate control

Last edited:

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
So far
  • replaced broken cup holder
  • Replaced pollen filter and air filter
  • fitted rs4 pedals
  • removed battery bung
  • Replaced front interior lights with leds, glove box and boot with leds
Following this thead as I have just got a grey Exeo ST and have done some of the same mods myself.
Where did you get the RS pedals from and how much?
Thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.