Seat Leon Cupra mk1 No oil in engine due to busted oil sump! Now making rattly noise

Miguel

Jun 23, 2018
Unfortunately I hit a bump in the road and busted my sump, due to how close I was to home a carried on driving just to try get the car on my drive witch was less than a minute away, all the oil was leaking out my car at a rapid paste then all of a sudden it started to make a rattly sound like a diesel car, the oil light came on and It then started to lose power!! This happened so quickly the car then came to a stop and shuts off, I left it for abit but was just about 10 second from my drive way so I turned it back over and it came back on with the same rattly noise i quickly put it on my drive and shut it of...I ordered a new Sump and it’s on the way but I’m worried if this has damaged my engine, i was thinking it would only be a quick fix to get a new sump top it back up with oil and start it, but I’m just curious am I guna need a new engine even tho I didn’t drive far with the car or there’s still a chance to save it!!! Please help!

Attachments

• C9ECAE55-B56B-4ADC-AE15-1521F93189C3.jpeg
    C9ECAE55-B56B-4ADC-AE15-1521F93189C3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72

Alban brown

Jun 17, 2018
Unfortunately I hit a bump in the road and busted my sump, due to how close I was to home a carried on driving just to try get the car on my drive witch was less than a minute away, all the oil was leaking out my car at a rapid paste then all of a sudden it started to make a rattly sound like a diesel car, the oil light came on and It then started to lose power!! This happened so quickly the car then came to a stop and shuts off, I left it for abit but was just about 10 second from my drive way so I turned it back over and it came back on with the same rattly noise i quickly put it on my drive and shut it of...I ordered a new Sump and it’s on the way but I’m worried if this has damaged my engine, i was thinking it would only be a quick fix to get a new sump top it back up with oil and start it, but I’m just curious am I guna need a new engine even tho I didn’t drive far with the car or there’s still a chance to save it!!! Please help!
You might get away with new sump and oil worth a try before you install another engine

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.