Hiya

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Hi all. An intro to my Seat journey.
It all started with the introduction of the scrappage scheme in 2009, I had an old vectra and decided I'd get a new car, after a little searching I settled on the new look Ibiza sc in black, only a 1.4 but I liked the look and feel. After a year and a baby the sc wasn't helping getting a car seat in and out so traded in and got the Ibiza st. Still a 1.4 and drove the same barring the extra weight. After another year another mouth to feed was incoming and we traded the Ibiza st in for a Hyundai ix35, mainly for the comfort. Ever since then I've missed the Ibiza but looked on from afar and yearned for a Cupra. After a number of years I was given the go ahead to look for 1. Found a garage which had 4, 3 1.4 autos and 1 1.8. Both good cars but the 1.8 interior and what the internet said about the 2 engines swayed me to the 1.8 cupra. Had it since last weekend and love it so far. I'm sure I'll be coming here for a lot of advise

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the club, as always put up some pics when you are allowed to post them.

Reactions: DallowCupra

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome :)

Like the above love to see some pictures.

I'm sure the jump from the 1.4 to the 1.8 is a nice feeling lol

Cheers

Reactions: DallowCupra

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Thanks all, will take some pics. Everything is standard, as far as I can tell....
1 question though, does anyone know how to reset the tyre pressure indicator? I've sorted the tyre and added pressure but the light won't turn off and I've read it can be done, just don't know how.

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Sorted the settings now thanks. Got some pics on my phone and now struggling to find a way to upload them. What's the best way on the forums? I've seen other posts with links to somewhere

Reactions: Superman001

Superman001

Jan 14, 2017
Paisley
Sorted the settings now thanks. Got some pics on my phone and now struggling to find a way to upload them. What's the best way on the forums? I've seen other posts with links to somewhere

I generally use photo bucket, once uploaded just copy and paste the image code on to here and the picture will upload to your post.

James

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Awesome looking car!

Personally with the red and black contrast a black wrapped bottom bumper lip would look rather good!

Good work!

Deleted member 103408

Love the car, Red is a great choice.

Now you need to book the 8th July in your diary and come to donnington park for the annual meet,

just so you know on Photobucket/ this site use the IMG link and you will get the picture loaded not just the link to the picture

Reactions: Superman001

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Thank you for the comments. The garage only had a red 1.8 cupra. The 1.4's they had were white, with black wheels/ mirrors and red with the same as the 1 i opted for. I liked the white but the red has really grown on me. Gonna give it a nice wash tomorrow.
I've seen the donnington meet on the website and peaked my interest. Maybe a bit too late notice for me. Being an annual meeting I assume it's the biggest. Are there any others?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thank you for the comments. The garage only had a red 1.8 cupra. The 1.4's they had were white, with black wheels/ mirrors and red with the same as the 1 i opted for. I liked the white but the red has really grown on me. Gonna give it a nice wash tomorrow.
I've seen the donnington meet on the website and peaked my interest. Maybe a bit too late notice for me. Being an annual meeting I assume it's the biggest. Are there any others?
You chose well!

I'm on washing duty tomorrow also, get up nice and early to beat the sun on my drive lol

I have personally never been to a meet of any sort but this one looks big as it's all of the VAG group, should be a good laugh! see what happens but try and get there if you can. If not there is a local meet section on the forum which would do smaller venues.

Cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members