Advice for paint repair

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening all,

Wanting to get some advice on how to proceed to get my stone ships sorted out...

I have these and a few more around the car

IMG_20180621_081026-652x1159.jpg

IMG_20180621_081044-652x1159.jpg

Now I've got a quote from a few stone chip repair people at around £100 for about 5 or 6 chips/scuffs, they've mainly told me that any chip repair would still have a chip but it would be blue instead of black/white.

Is there a better way to sort this sort of thing that makes it a little more pleasing on the eye without spraying the full panel?

Any help / ideas would be great

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not really sure on the best answer. Whoever had the car before me touched up the stone chips with a darker blue paint and it looked cr@p. So I used paint thinner and removed them leaving an assortment of white stone chips and a rather large black chip like the one you pictured. So I took it to a "body shop". He filled up the chips using a light blue paint assuring me it would blend better and look awesome when dry. The next day I looked in the daylight and it still looked sh!t. In the end I bought a tube of metallic blue touch up paint (using the paint code from my manual) off ebay. It came back and it was an exact match! I just used a cocktail stick to fill the chips, allowed it to dry then layered them a bit more. You could still see the chips but had to look to find them. So I would say pick a decent body shop or chuck a fiver away on ebay. You can always have it professionally done after if your not happy with the result.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
This is what it looked like:

Ur3oTdc.jpg

Unfortunately don't have a better after picture to hand:

41KJRSf.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
@Legojon cheers for the tips, I guess as long as you cannot see them on a standard look over i'd be happy...

I found that my paint colour was Z5F could you confirm that's what you got?

Found this... Link

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, I ordered Z5F. It was an exact match, and had metallic flakes in it as well (which two body shops said was impossible!?). The brush that came with it was naff by the way.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah, I ordered Z5F. It was an exact match, and had metallic flakes in it as well (which two body shops said was impossible!?). The brush that came with it was naff by the way.
I don't suppose you still have the product link you used as I know yours worked lol

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise