Bye bye FR.....

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
No longer an owner of an mk2 FL FR TSi DSG... Thanks to a dozy driver who drove straight through a STOP sign.. we still have the mk3 so I won't be leaving this site as thanks to it I had a dash camera fitted, which sorted the developing question of liability within 20 mins...

Main thing is no one was killed or seriously injured. Had I been half a second further on in the junction the outcome would have been very different.

Anyway, as my car is irreplaceable (at least in Ireland) and a new Cupra DSG is outside my budget, tomorrow sees me become a 2015 A4 Avant S Line driver, at least for the forseeable future.
Is there an Audi equivalent forum that is as good as this place? I see a few but would like reccomendation from some users...

TIA
Roy

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That's not good, glad you're all OK.

What sort of damage did you get?

I so need a dash cam installed in mine!

I think most people would be happy driving an audi so you should be fine, I bet most stuff on here works with them any way apart from the physical stuff on the exterior.

Sad day today! MK2 down.

May anyone with injuries have a speedy recovery

Cheers

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
Thanks for that. Bruised, stiff and sore, but no-one went to hospital.

She drove straight through a stop sign, at speed, into the crossroad junction that I was just on. I prefer to say that the side of her Tucson impacted the front of my car, so we were lucky to hit her fairly square on. She still managed to drag us across the road so I ended up 45degrees off from my direction of travel.

The impact damage was equally front to rear and left to right.
Basically, everything forward of the windscreen is damaged, and everything forward of the wheels is missing or pushed back into the engine.
The right hand front chassis leg was driven across completely, the left hand one was also driven across and is split. The right hand engine mount was also split.

However, all the safety stuff worked as it was supposed to. That's why we are all still here.
I actually got slightly emotional when I went to collect the last of my belongings (and the dash camera hard-wiring kit) from the car before she was carted off to the scrapper.
I opened the door and my phone beeped, telling me " SEAT Bluetooth wants to connect!"
sob sob....