what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Mib 1 on the 280 is a small screen so to go MIB2 with bigger screen you have to make space for all the new hardware.

I believe there is some cutting of the dashboard to get the 7" screen into the original 280 space.

When I spoke to the guys about buying one of these they wanted 1200 fully fitted including rear camera. Never went further as I decided on engine / suspension first this after. If you check out the Video it still shows the turn navigation in the centre screen but as I say I have not double checked the detail. Reason I liked them is they support all the car functions.
Oh right, I thought the space behind the screen was no different.

jka

Cupra 300 DSG
Mar 27, 2017
Sweden
Cellink Neo on order, installed this yesterday
IMG_E0077.JPG

Deleted member 103408

Well only telling you what my Alpine Dealer told me at the time, as they were doing the work it was not a worry to me..

Reactions: ukoldschool

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Cellink Neo on order, installed this yesterday
View attachment 803
I was thinking of getting this as I like the low profile of it... I stalled too long and the wife bought me a Nextbase 412 at xmas. Would like a 2ch one though. Maybe I'll invest and transfer the Nextbase to her car so she can record her daily dice with death on the M20

Reactions: jka

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
still think this is a good head unit https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/headunits-for-seat/ilx-702leon, the only downside is no seat sound or traffic sign recognition small price if you want the full features and still not much more expensive than buying a MIB2 Unit and Screen and lots of cutting....

I was considering the Skoda version of the same unit - my Skoda Bolero system was horrid beyond words - but now with the MIB2 and Seat sound I am totally happy. One of the best car sounds I have ever heard.
I showed it to 2 persons local to me - one competes in car audio competitions here and is always in the podium, after having won a national championship and the other owns the best car audio shop in town and they both gave the thumbs up and said that there is nothing to improve on this system.

What they said is that it sounds so good that it would take a lot of money and in the end you would get just a marginal improvement. I agree.

Deleted member 103408

I have seat sound on the MIB1 and I am very very happy with sound and general usage.

Screen size for me is pointless I drive cars not the screen but what i was after was better connectivity so that I could use other maps and not have to mess around updating the in car one. With the way connectivity is going i recon I will be fitting my Tablet to the OBD2 dongle and build a digital dash / sat nav in a couple years.

Reactions: Wastedagen

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I have seat sound on the MIB1 and I am very very happy with sound and general usage.

Screen size for me is pointless I drive cars not the screen but what i was after was better connectivity so that I could use other maps and not have to mess around updating the in car one. With the way connectivity is going i recon I will be fitting my Tablet to the OBD2 dongle and build a digital dash / sat nav in a couple years.

Driving factor for me too - that Bolero was a MIB1 system and it had no support for Android Auto. I pretty much ONLY use Android Auto... just needed a screen to mirror it on ;)

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
Whilst I agree that Seat sound is very good (at least on a par with the BOSE system in my old 147GTA), I find it increadibly frustrating that the system limits output at the top end... I want to be able to control how much distortion I hear, not have a system limit the volume 'just in case'... anyway, rant over

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Whilst I agree that Seat sound is very good (at least on a par with the BOSE system in my old 147GTA), I find it increadibly frustrating that the system limits output at the top end... I want to be able to control how much distortion I hear, not have a system limit the volume 'just in case'... anyway, rant over

Can't you disable that limiter via green engineering menu?

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
It was cheap enough that I considered doing it ;)
...not sure it will get much use either, but now it is there.

I think we may have used it once when I first had the furby and we took it on a road trip. Sadly my car is now just a commuter so doesn't really cary drinks or food that need cooling.

Glad to hear it was a cheap mod and hope you get to use it

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Today I let my wife take my car to work... I had a full tank of fuel. I expect a lot of it to be gone later today and her to insist that she drove sensibly :rofl:

It meant I had to drive her Kadjar 1.2tce beast :rocker:

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
What is this sorcery you speak of...... please expand... :)

I remember seeing this mod last year, and now of course I want it too... do you have a list of the parts to hand please?

About the green engineering menu, I did get it to work on my Skoda Octavia that had a MIB1 but so far did not manage it on the freaking Leon - might be they removed it due to people like us ;)

This would be it, if we manage to enable it:

As to the refrigerated glove box, literally all that is needed is a hose and the switch that goes on the top of the current glovebox - I got the details from this thread:
https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=113330

Part numbers:
- Hose 5G1816311A
- Valve 5E0816355 9b9

There is a guide on that thread - I speak Spanish but I think with the pics and translator you can follow.

He said it was "easy" but neglected to mention a few things:
- I removed the MIB2 glovebox unit (not sure if I needed to, but I guess it made things easier)
- There is VERY little space to reach the plugged hole where you need to put the hose that will come to glovebox
- My aircon setup looked different from the pics and it was a bit trickier to route the hose

otherwise, it can be done in around 1h, more or less

Reactions: ukoldschool

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I think we may have used it once when I first had the furby and we took it on a road trip. Sadly my car is now just a commuter so doesn't really cary drinks or food that need cooling.

Glad to hear it was a cheap mod and hope you get to use it

I am actually doing long road trips often - good to keep a drink fresh and chocolate unmelted

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise