Front radar

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Hi , does adaptive cruise control come as standard on a 2017 fr , as it looks like I have a front radar , I tried cruise control out on the motorway today but it just seemed to work like standard cruise, only had the car for a week, so till getting my head around it .

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Is your cruise control on your indicator stalk or a separate stalk underneath?

If on the indicator stalk then it's standard cruise and the radar is there for front assist only.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
The latest FR comes with Front Assist (radar) but only has standard cruise control.

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
I haven't noticed the front radar doing anything so far could it be switched off , if so how do I switch it on ?

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
I haven't noticed the front radar doing anything so far could it be switched off , if so how do I switch it on ?

Click Front Assist in the vehicle menu on your headunit, you will probably find it’s already ticked. I have had my car 6 weeks and only shown itself once. IMHO if you are a careful driver and keep safe distances you will probably never see it unless an emergency situation.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Move to the Dover area where there are thousands of lorries pulling out on you all of the time... mines forever beeping at me as they look and see you coming but go anyway :drive2:

Also, on my car there is a push button on the side of the indicator stalk where I can toggle the front assist on and off rather than going through the menus on the display. Not sure why anyone would need to switch it off quickly but the option is there.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Mine goes off a fair amount but in odd situations like off roundabouts with cars approaching the roundabout on the other side of the road. It seems to pick them up and predict a crash as I turn off but doesn't apply the brake so must realise the error of it's ways lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
You can also see it working if you tailgate a car too closely - you get a 'too close' icon in the bottom-left corner of the DIS.
I get that a lot. It's safe distance is a bit too far for modern traffic conditions at low speeds

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Tried a bit of tailgating but nothing comes up , I take there should also be an audable sound as well, as for toggling with side of indicator , nothing

weasley

May 19, 2017
South Oxfordshire
For the 'too close' warning there is no audible sign, just a small icon replacing the odometer; it is barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. From the manual:

upload_2018-6-29_12-22-45.png

upload_2018-6-29_12-22-15.png

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
You can also change the sensitivity of the distance warning in the car settings, so it can appear sooner or later.

The point of the warning is that front assist is close to being triggered, in which case you will very aware when it happens.

Reactions: '& Son' managed

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
You can also change the sensitivity of the distance warning in the car settings, so it can appear sooner or later.

The point of the warning is that front assist is close to being triggered, in which case you will very aware when it happens.

I might do a sneaky change of the sensitivity settings to trigger a warning a bit sooner in the Leon, as Father still has a bad habit of following too close, despite years of me nagging him about it.
Still, he claims he 'hasn't had an accident in over forty years' (not strictly true) so he knows what he's doing....

He has admitted however that the brake has 'cut-in' a couple of times on him - and he's only done 800-odd mostly suburban miles in it so far.

Reactions: spaceboy

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
I find it goes on briefly sometimes when the car in front is turning off onto a side road.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I find it goes on briefly sometimes when the car in front is turning off onto a side road.
Yeah this happens to me a lot as I like to brake less and roll on past behind them as they turn in, scrubbing off as little speed as possible.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: spaceboy
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.