Newbie to mk 3 lighting question

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Hi , only had my 2017 mk 3 fr 150 dsg for a week and really enjoying it , one thing that puzzles me though is that when I have the lights on and I switch the engine off the lights turn off and I don't have auto lights.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
If you need the lights to light your path to your door or similar, you can always pull the high beam stalk towards you for few seconds once you park up, it should stay on for 30 secs or so (or whatever you set the timer to).

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
What I don’t understand about my 2015 FR is that if the lights are on side lights (middle position) and you turn the engine off it sounds a buzzer on door opening, yet if the lights are on main beam (LED headlights) it just turns them off when you take the key out.

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
So if I leave the lights switch on and turn engine off the lights go out , when I switch engine on next morning I will have the headlights on again , yes ..

weasley

May 19, 2017
South Oxfordshire
Yes.

And to the other point, the middle position is for parking lights. The warning lets you know that the lights will stay on all the time, in case you didn’t want that.

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
What I don’t understand about my 2015 FR is that if the lights are on side lights (middle position) and you turn the engine off it sounds a buzzer on door opening, yet if the lights are on main beam (LED headlights) it just turns them off when you take the key out.

I think this is a feature called parking lights. This is for scenarios where you park up at night but still want to keep the side lights on to make other road users your car is there and visible. Like the VW feature when you push their indicator stalk to the left to right to keep those side lights on.

The lights on buzzer is to let you know they will be on. On main they will turn off anyway so no need for a buzzer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
You can also put the left or right indicator on after turning the engine off, and it’ll put that sides parking lights on only.

Last edited:

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Do you not have the coming home (think that’s what it’s called) function without auto lights? Lights go off on my car after 30 seconds when I get out at night.

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Yes.

And to the other point, the middle position is for parking lights. The warning lets you know that the lights will stay on all the time, in case you didn’t want that.
That makes sense, cheers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.