Car Brand loyalty - do you have it?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I have been very brand loyal, every car since 98 has been a SEAT and I’m a founder member of this place, so certainly done my bit for brand awareness. But the dealers locally are a real pain to use, and my patience ran out recently when I was told I couldn’t test drive an auto Ateca, and that I’d be lucky if they get one before January if I ordered it. Not to mention the bad experience we’ve had with our Skoda Yeti have put a real dent in my faith in the dealership.

Anyway by August for the first time in 20 years I’ll not be driving a SEAT or VAG. Just ordered a new Peugeot 3008 GT Line 1.6THP, not unknown turf, my first car was a Pug205, but it’s a big change for someone that has spent most of the past 2 decades in SEAT’s

I’ll see what the French ownership experience is like, and maybe in the meantime SEAT will sort it’s network out and I’ll get to venture back in the future.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
I have been very brand loyal, every car since 98 has been a SEAT and I’m a founder member of this place, so certainly done my bit for brand awareness. But the dealers locally are a real pain to use, and my patience ran out recently when I was told I couldn’t test drive an auto Ateca, and that I’d be lucky if they get one before January if I ordered it. Not to mention the bad experience we’ve had with our Skoda Yeti have put a real dent in my faith in the dealership.

Anyway by August for the first time in 20 years I’ll not be driving a SEAT or VAG. Just ordered a new Peugeot 3008 GT Line 1.6THP, not unknown turf, my first car was a Pug205, but it’s a big change for someone that has spent most of the past 2 decades in SEAT’s

I’ll see what the French ownership experience is like, and maybe in the meantime SEAT will sort it’s network out and I’ll get to venture back in the future.

Shame your local SEAT/VAG dealer wasn't competent enough to look after a loyal customer a bit better.
It's meant to be a golden rule about it being much easier and cheaper to retain a customer compared to finding a new one.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Shame your local SEAT/VAG dealer wasn't competent enough to look after a loyal customer a bit better.
It's meant to be a golden rule about it being much easier and cheaper to retain a customer compared to finding a new one.

Yer, its disappointing, I have in the past ventured further afield having bought several of my SEAT's from a few dealers outside of the Manchester area. But even those dealers further out I trusted are gone now. It appears most are in the hands of the big groups, and your just another pleb walking through the door, especially where this group are concerned.

I'll still follow SEAT with interest because its in the blood, spent too much time a part of this place to completely abandon it. But they could learn a trick or two from Peugeot, the 3008 is something a bit special in the market right now.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My local dealer in Cumbria has been a family type firm since the early 90’s. Still going strong and I always get a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EH2012

Aug 14, 2018
www.canadabiz.net
I grew up mostly with Fords. My family must have had like 7 of them by the time I was 25. Or maybe 8? Don't know, I've lost count.

And I do have a sentiment for Fords but I've been faithful to SEAT for 10 years now. I'm not planning on changing it anytime soon so I guess you could say I'm pretty loyal

Last edited by a moderator:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
This century, I have had 2 FIATS then 3 Seats on the bounce, but brand loyalty wasn't really a factor for any of them.

Extreme discounts were the factor that influenced all 5 purchases - I mostly buy new cars because they are cheap.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
My loyalty is to my wallet so it comes down to the deal when I'm ready to change, but, I've had 4 Hondas on the trot and the sensible option on the drive has been two Seat Leons in succession, no plans to dump the S2k but if Seat have a model that's right and I can get a deal it'll be three, although working in a Kia dealers bargains are always around.

Reactions: lil3520

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Had a MK3 Astra gsi for 6 yrs and 4 of them were fixing it. Then a friend took me for a spin in his 20vt Leon, hooked ever since.
My heart is with the Saab t16s as my father talk to me to drive in his.... Lush.
72e6fde2e67cbf21f6b3662c0ee6918e.jpg

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk