MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
Fellow Leasers, how long before your proposed collection date did you receive documentation from VWFS or have contact from the dealer? My collection date is in 2 1/2 weeks (although i may delay until 1 august) but i am unsure of the process going forward. Any advice is appreciated.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...how long before your proposed collection date did you receive documentation from VWFS or have contact from the dealer?
Worth bearing in mind that a registration number cannot be allocated until the car is in the UK, and they need a registration number to print finance documents.

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
Worth bearing in mind that a registration number cannot be allocated until the car is in the UK, and they need a registration number to print finance documents.

Ah true :) cheers. It's at the port in Grimsby as far as i am aware. Assume registration would happen when it reaches the dealer?

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Are there any delays in new car reg at the moment that anyone is aware of? I was expecting it'd be a fairly quick process but it's over a week since I was told the dealer was registering the new vehicle.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Are there any delays in new car reg at the moment that anyone is aware of? I was expecting it'd be a fairly quick process but it's over a week since I was told the dealer was registering the new vehicle.
Actually registering a car takes moments. Are you sure that's what you mean, or are you waiting for a registration number to be allocated to a new car?

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
I was told exactly a week ago that mine was being registered this week. Not heard anything either. She told me they could register it as soon as it was at the UK port. Also told me it was at Grimsby so who knows!

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
She told me they could register it as soon as it was at the UK port.
Well, yes, they can, but what's the point? New cars aren't usually registered until they have arrived at the retailer and the customer has signed all the necessary forms and sorted out their finance/payment.

Also told me it was at Grimsby so who knows!
Grimsby is a UK Port that SEAT use, so sounds reasonable.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
It was certainly implied the car would be registered before getting to the dealer. My current car was done this way due to a two week cooling off period. They wouldn't give me the car until 2 weeks after I'd signed all the contractual stuff and so I guess they didn't want that 2 weeks to have to wait until physically arriving at the dealer (as that might have meant they couldn't release to me till 3 or 4 weeks after getting to the UK).

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Scrogg, maybe a bit of a stupid question but heyho, do you know if the my19 cupra will be badged as the current 300 or will it be badged 290

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Scrogg, maybe a bit of a stupid question but heyho, do you know if the my19 cupra will be badged as the current 300 or will it be badged 290

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it's a stupid question.
There is already a 290 available in some markets.
It's a 300 detuned to 290bhp with a 290 badge.

It would be great for Scrogg to confirm, but they are changing the name of the car so I expect the badge to match.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/leon/103892/seat-leon-cupra-gets-new-name-and-loses-power

Its now being reported online.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Matt-taylor

Pedrocks

Feb 2, 2018
Fellow Leasers, how long before your proposed collection date did you receive documentation from VWFS or have contact from the dealer? My collection date is in 2 1/2 weeks (although i may delay until 1 august) but i am unsure of the process going forward. Any advice is appreciated.

My two cents here
  • I ordered in Feb (cupra 300 - heated seats, mystery blue)
  • received finance docs in March which I signed and retruned
  • car was built in April (according to the receipt i found in the glove box)
  • Car landed in UK end of May (i received email with registration number)
  • I waited 4 weeks thinking it would take time to get to dealer from port
  • I rang lease company last week, they rang dealer and apologised because it had been sat at dealer for a week and they hadn't had time to arrange delivery
  • Got car this week, had first drive today - one word EPIC
Morale of this, call the lease company and ask, don't presume they are proactive.

Reactions: N8KOW

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
My two cents here
  • I rang lease company last week, they rang dealer and apologised because it had been sat at dealer for a week and they hadn't had time to arrange delivery
Morale of this, call the lease company and ask, don't presume they are proactive.
Sounds like you were lucky that it got built and arrived so quickly. Hope your enjoying it the lead time was 20 weeks when I ordered in February I'll hopefully get it within 40 weeks lol.

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
My two cents here

Thanks :) I will ring the dealer. Interesting to see you signed the finance docs in March... I've yet to have any. Each order seems to be handled completely differnet. Not long now. Glad your first drive was epic.. did you settle in quickly?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I think signing documents depends on wether you have went with a broker to arrange a lease or went direct to a seat/vw dealer and arranged the lease. I went direct to seat/vw ordered what I wanted and was told I won't be signing or paying anything till the car is in my possession.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I think signing documents depends on wether you have went with a broker to arrange a lease or went direct to a seat/vw dealer and arranged the lease. I went direct to seat/vw ordered what I wanted and was told I won't be signing or paying anything till the car is in my possession.

Same boat.

So far I've just accepted a quote electronically. No deposits paid.

I'll not be signing anything until the car is at the dealership ready for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Copra68

Pedrocks

Feb 2, 2018
Thanks :) I will ring the dealer. Interesting to see you signed the finance docs in March... I've yet to have any. Each order seems to be handled completely differnet. Not long now. Glad your first drive was epic.. did you settle in quickly?
I went through a broker, so I guess this is why this was all completed upfront. My issue was that the small time dealer who received my car wasn't in a hurry to hand it over.

Took the family out for a burst yesterday and we all loved the rapid pace compared to my previous 184 FR. Put a smile on my face!