Washing car water drips car wing mirrors

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Any tips for sorting out water drips after washing car drips down side door right pain in the backside!

I am going out about 3 or 4 times with some QD to dry off.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I find blowing them out with compressed air is best. If not a micro fibre towel then push on the plastic and metal to draw water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Philh46

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
I open and close them a few times, I find it helps push the water out - then stuff a microfibre there for a few seconds.

Seems to do the trick!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I use a Metro Vac Sidekick warm air blower to get rid of the water out of my mirrors and all those other annoying water traps (grilles, window rubbers, boot release, fuel filler flap, around the wheel bolts and wheel centre caps, badges).

With practice, I’ve perfected the art of using it to dry the entire car, leaving only a few water spots to mop up with a drying towel, so minimising the risk of inflicting swirls whilst drying. Good piece of kit IMO.

Reactions: LouG

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
I do alot of detailing on the side, I've finally picked up a Di resin filter yesterday and it's amazing, final rinse with it and I dont have to dry the car at all, just leave it in the sun with zero water marks or spots, it's a god send!

But previous to this I always used my filtered airline to dry the car, especially in all the little hidden places!

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Any tips for sorting out water drips after washing car drips down side door right pain in the backside!

I am going out about 3 or 4 times with some QD to dry off.

Mine drives me mad! Spend hours cleaning, polishing and waxing and then I’m sure the car waits for me to pack up everything, before only the left mirror seems to pour out an ocean!

The rear lights are a b**ch for hiding water too I find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Philh46

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
And while we are on the subject of washing and cleaning. Has anyone with a light coloured car (mine is silver) found a way of cleaning the crud out from beneath the bottom edge of the headlamp where it is pushed up tight again the bumper. Even pressure washing leaves it looking unsightly !

Trout

Feb 28, 2018
I do alot of detailing on the side, I've finally picked up a Di resin filter yesterday and it's amazing, final rinse with it and I dont have to dry the car at all, just leave it in the sun with zero water marks or spots, it's a god send!

But previous to this I always used my filtered airline to dry the car, especially in all the little hidden places!
A DI filter is probably the most useful piece of detailing kit I have ever bought, I wouldn't be without one now. It is arguably a must for those with black cars living in hard water areas in summer!

KagnuS

Jun 4, 2018
UK
Washed my car last weekend. I had to dry 3 times the passenger car door (high density microfibre cloth) as there was water drip from the wing mirror. But in all that haste I forgot to notice the driver side door, and now there is a streak!

Yes it is annoying but I can live with it.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Gotta love a DI vessel. Wash, rinse, done. No drying induced marring or swirls etc and it makes the wash process quick.

I got a little vyair 0618 vessel with resin from amazon for 65 quid and its doing a grand job on final rinses for me.

Reactions: Trout

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks for the tips. I was putting a couple of MF cloths around the wing mirrors but think I need to try some of the above.

silles

May 4, 2017
Same issue here with dripping passenger side mirror.
My solution is simple: just wrap a towel around the mirror for like an hour and let it suck it in.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.