Cupra Black Alloy touch up paint

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
Hi all, I managed to catch one wheel entering a car park recently. The Continental's rim protection strip got shredded, so did its job. Also means I can upgrade the fronts to PS4S early. I have scratched the silver part of the wheel. Does a touch up kit exist for this? I've seen lots for the black part which, thankfully, is ok. Thanks in advance.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I doubt it as this part is diamond cut alloy I believe. There may be ways around it but no touch up as it's not painted in the first place. That's my understanding anyway

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
I doubt it as this part is diamond cut alloy I believe. There may be ways around it but no touch up as it's not painted in the first place. That's my understanding anyway

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information. I'll look into getting it refurbished professionally then. Trying to achieve the same finish with wet and dry paper plus clear lacquer might end in tears.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi all, I managed to catch one wheel entering a car park recently. The Continental's rim protection strip got shredded, so did its job. Also means I can upgrade the fronts to PS4S early. I have scratched the silver part of the wheel. Does a touch up kit exist for this? I've seen lots for the black part which, thankfully, is ok. Thanks in advance.
Something like in the pic below?

If so you can't use touch up paint but you can sand and lacquer.

I had mine done which was a lot cheaper than a proper refurb. There's obviously a limit to what can be achieved using this technique.

They said that as long as it was just the edge I could get away with it. Apparently it isn't perfect, but even with my OCD I can't notice it since the repair.
a0e28b295ae8e940b60e01fd5403ee5b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
Something like in the pic below?

If so you can't use touch up paint but you can sand and lacquer.

I had mine done which was a lot cheaper than a proper refurb. There's obviously a limit to what can be achieved using this technique.

They said that as long as it was just the edge I could get away with it. Apparently it isn't perfect, but even with my OCD I can't notice it since the repair.
a0e28b295ae8e940b60e01fd5403ee5b.jpg

Thanks, pretty much identical to that. As long as it isn't obvious to me every time I look at the car, and acceptable to VWFS, I'll be happy.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks, pretty much identical to that. As long as it isn't obvious to me every time I look at the car, and acceptable to VWFS, I'll be happy.

The BVLA guide gives a 50mm tolerance on the rim.

The repairer actually said at the time that it would be ok on the inspection - actually told me not to waste my money.

Unfortunately my OCD was just too strong :)
I honestly don't notice the scuff or the repair really happy with it.
d56e40c7fa3e8637012a3147ca8c4f58.jpg

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018
Hi guys, I have managed to get a stone chip to the metal on the black paint on the Cupra 300 wheel, any idea which seat / VW black paint will be the closest match? My dealer could not tell me.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Hi guys, I have managed to get a stone chip to the metal on the black paint on the Cupra 300 wheel, any idea which seat / VW black paint will be the closest match? My dealer could not tell me.

You need to go to an automotive paint supplier,they will match it for you,and they will supply a small quantity.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.