MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Hi all, i've not posted before, but been reading for a while.

I odered a Cupra ST 300 4Drive on 28th Feb, from carleasespecialoffers.
9+35, 12,500miles, fully maintained with the leather/winter pack for £308.77pm..
I have an SLI nimber and have been chasing Seat for a build date. Originally i was told week 22, but i am now being told that there is no build date and est delivery is late October to Early November.

I'm hoping that as it will now be the MY19, that i may get the lux pack for free... fingers crossed... as the keyless and phone charger would be a bonus..
Welcome. As Scrogg says you'll get the same car just with the delay I'm afraid. I'm in the same situation as you ordered in February and I tried for the lux pack as compensation and they had none of it. If you contact Seat CS and complain about the unacceptable delay they will have 3 options of compensation they will offer you.

Reactions: AlexOS

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Hi all, i've not posted before, but been reading for a while.

I odered a Cupra ST 300 4Drive on 28th Feb, from carleasespecialoffers.
9+35, 12,500miles, fully maintained with the leather/winter pack for £308.77pm..
I have an SLI nimber and have been chasing Seat for a build date. Originally i was told week 22, but i am now being told that there is no build date and est delivery is late October to Early November.

I'm hoping that as it will now be the MY19, that i may get the lux pack for free... fingers crossed... as the keyless and phone charger would be a bonus..
I wouldn’t say keyless is a bonus. I would refuse the car if it comes with keyless (not that it will) and I didn’t order it as I would rather be looking at it on the drive locked up nicely rather than seeing the back end of it as it speeds away off up the road driven by bandits.

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

It will be, but you won't notice as the car will be identical to the one you originally ordered.

You won't be getting that.
I wondered about the lux pack as you mentioned before that we should get AT LEAST the spec ordered, and i read that they have removed the leather/winter pack option. However, both these are in the lux pack and that will have gone through the WLTP.

AlexOS

I wouldn’t say keyless is a bonus. I would refuse the car if it comes with keyless (not that it will) and I didn’t order it as I would rather be looking at it on the drive locked up nicely rather than seeing the back end of it as it speeds away off up the road driven by bandits.
We have a key box that is shielded, so I am happy that noone could get the car using an RFID type scanner to get the codes. Although I understand your point in general...

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I wondered about the lux pack as you mentioned before that we should get AT LEAST the spec ordered, and i read that they have removed the leather/winter pack option.
"At least" means where the standard specification of a model has increased (full LED headlights on Ibiza FR, for example) SEAT may choose include the enhanced specification at no cost. It doesn't mean that where options specified on a MY18 order takes the specification part of the way towards the next version up the MY19 range that they will just supply the better version for free.

Other than the engine on 2WD CUPRA specification has not changed, so MY18 orders converted to MY19 will be exactly the same.

However, both these are in the lux pack and that will have gone through the WLTP.
Neither will make a difference to the CO2 figures under WLTP.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I wondered about the lux pack as you mentioned before that we should get AT LEAST the spec ordered, and i read that they have removed the leather/winter pack option. However, both these are in the lux pack and that will have gone through the WLTP.

To be fair you do raise a good point. As far as missing options go Kessy & ACC are the remaining ones then it becomes a LUX.

I'm sure kessy originally came with the wireless phone charger.

However Scrogg has spoken :) and to be fair he has been very reliable this far.

You'd have probably had to order the leather/heated seats and Kessy to get ACC thrown in.

It's a pretty cheaply priced option in comparison to the others. Kessy was around £500 worth of option compared ACC at approx £150.

Last edited:

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018

I get what you mean, I previously had a keyless entry car, but how many cars do you think are stolen due to keyless entry? People these days are scared of the day they've never seen.

drmarkb

Feb 1, 2018
I get what you mean, I previously had a keyless entry car, but how many cars do you think are stolen due to keyless entry? People these days are scared of the day they've never seen.

I personally know 4 people who've had their car stolen because of keyless entry. 2 VWs, one ford and one Renault.
Id most definitely refuse a car if it came with keyless entry out of the blue.

Reactions: Lloydy44

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Loads, lots of videos on YouTube too showing how quick they can do it. I would pay extra to not have it if it was standard.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...any idea when the factory will resume building Cupra’s? As in what BW? Is it 31?
Leon production continues up to cw31, then closes for four weeks, re-commencing in cw36 (week-commencing 03/09)

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Leon production continues up to cw31, then closes for four weeks, re-commencing in cw36 (week-commencing 03/09)

Thank you for the info. I suspect my 4Drive will be built after 36 so. Thanks again

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I have an FR 1.8 and obviously since buying it all I see on the roads now are Cupra's...... You know that way you buy a particular car and colour then all of a sudden you notice them everywhere....

I don't regret buying my FR, but I do wish they'd but a nice exhaust on it that at least gave it a little purr or growl :(

Reactions: surrealjam

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
spec wise to what people have ordered.
won't get upgraded to a lux pack as that is a different model to what is ordered so the finance won't match up.
if you have ordered option to your car SEAT where possible will add them but if its not possible to add them then they they will be in touch with what to do next. where you will either accept what the car will come with or cancel the car.
Cupra build slots are fully committed now until mid q1 so 'ill just cancel my order' will just get it cancelled.

As regards to when they will start building Cupras again - they are waiting to put the Cupra engine though WLTP, as its only a low selling volume engine its one of the last to be done. We are working towards around week 42 for them to start building with starting to see the first ones though in November.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
spec wise to what people have ordered.
won't get upgraded to a lux pack as that is a different model to what is ordered so the finance won't match up.
if you have ordered option to your car SEAT where possible will add them but if its not possible to add them then they they will be in touch with what to do next. where you will either accept what the car will come with or cancel the car.
Cupra build slots are fully committed now until mid q1 so 'ill just cancel my order' will just get it cancelled.

As regards to when they will start building Cupras again - they are waiting to put the Cupra engine though WLTP, as its only a low selling volume engine its one of the last to be done. We are working towards around week 42 for them to start building with starting to see the first ones though in November.
Don’t know about anyone else but this doesn’t make sense, the timeframe part not the first part.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
whats wrong with the time frame?
Cupra build slots are fully committed now until mid q1 so 'ill just cancel my order' will just get it cancelled”
does that mean all existing orders have build slots or are there orders with no build slots that won’t even be built until next year?

“As regards to when they will start building Cupras again - they are waiting to put the Cupra engine though WLTP, as its only a low selling volume engine its one of the last to be done. We are working towards around week 42 for them to start building with starting to see the first ones though in November.”

Your first part suggests they are building non stop until q1, this suggests they aren’t building any until November?

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
sorry should of made that more clear. So any new orders won't be built until next year. orders that are already in will get build sometime in October.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise