Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
After a 4th download attempt (thank goodness for fibre!), I finally got the file to unzip successfully. For some reason, my hard disk was running at 100% so was corrupting some of the files as it unzipped. I used an external USB hard disk for the whole process and all was ok. The only issue I had was that I had to recreate some of my saved 'Favourites'.

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Can anyone help. I've downloaded my update file (90% sure it's the rigbt one) and tried to install it back in my car but its coming up with this error message. Its going to seat on Wednesday for her service. Wanting it fixed before they charge me then
9288b3daa124fb6cfd5891bd9713469f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Does it show as 6P navigation as per the screen shown, if not, it's not a mib2 standard so the 1030 won't work. If it is, check you have unpacked it to the correct level in the SD and file you copied back is in the correct place. Step 8 in list 1041 above.

Then you have the possibility of any Mac created files playing havoc it you have used a Mac.

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Does it show as 6P navigation as per the screen shown, if not, it's not a mib2 standard so the 1030 won't work. If it is, check you have unpacked it to the correct level in the SD and file you copied back is in the correct place. Step 8 in list 1041 above.

Then you have the possibility of any Mac created files playing havoc it you have used a Mac.
Where do i check to see the 6p?

Tell

Staff member
That's a mib1. You need to delete the SD card and copy back your back up copy that you did for the whole lot and you should be fine. Hopefully you did back all the card up. Failing that you have to hunt down the contents of the mib1 card that tallies with it. That has been done in the past when disaster struck.

Reactions: Hughes395

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
That's a mib1. You need to delete the SD card and copy back your back up copy that you did for the whole lot and you should be fine. Hopefully you did back all the card up. Failing that you have to hunt down the contents of the mib1 card that tallies with it. That has been done in the past when disaster struck.
Ive made a copy but once i tried to put that back on. Wont even detect the navigation data. But with my updated one it atleast says navigation data detected and then gives me the error. How would i go about hunting the mib1 data?

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Just checked my obd eleven and its showing these codes if that helps.
ade9f85457ce32ff94590a50f04f66c7.jpg
c739adef85397bde31cb10811a3442d0.jpg
9a7276dc9a44afb2bb8e28e2d95c5cd4.jpg

Tell

Staff member
There are people back in the thread about a year ago that put a request out for the data for the card. Got that from somebody and it worked again. Mib1, same as yours. I would have thought a back up copy would put it back. The person last year didn't back up but got a copy sent to them that worked. From memory.

That Obdeleven error is common once you change things but it won't be that. Works with the error.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-35

Andrewjb is of interest in their mib1 restore.... but there was a guy from the MK area that needed a back, they got it from somewhere in Bedford (or maybe it was Andrew). Yours should work thou if you copy the back up back I would have thought. You could clear the message.

Last edited:

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Mines was 5f. Cant check now tho as the error screen just keeps showing

So you knew your nav unit was mib1 (5f) and you knowingly tried to update with a 6p file?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
So you knew your nav unit was mib1 (5f) and you knowingly tried to update with a 6p file?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
On the website it said click here for 5f download so i assumed it was cool

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Im not sure which the 1030 is.. Just doing it direct from the seat website. How much is this mapcare **** then?

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Im not sure which the 1030 is.. Just doing it direct from the seat website. How much is this mapcare **** then?

Not available in the UK I believe, but someone more knowledgeable will be along to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.