Arona SE Tech Lux

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Picked up our Arona on Thursday after a very smooth and quick order with just under two weeks from order to delivery. Coming from an 18 Plate 1.2 TSi SE Dynamic Leon there is a notch down interior quality wise but the media system especially the display is much improved. Shame you don't get the colour MFD of the Leon in the Arona just the monochrome. No soft touch dash or door cards. However, the Arona has quickly become one of my favourite cars! Why? A mixture of tidy handling, very comfortable, BEAT's audio is very good and just an overall feelgood and fun factor driving it, which I never felt about the Leon. The looks have grown on me and the black contrast roof makes it look more special and interesting than the Leon. Love the silver and black contrast roof.

Engine wise the 1.6 115 diesel is smooth and reasonably refined. Not has hushed as the 1.2 TSi in the Leon but not that far behind either. The extra engine weight does give a meatier and more solid feel to both the steering and the overall car. The torque can certainly give it a very good level of overtaking pace or quickly building up speed on a slip road. It is interesting to note that SEAT have put the residual value of the diesel models higher than the petrol. I suppose lower demand means less about and hence a residual increase as the 'devils fuel' monika slowly fades over the next few years with less of them about and higher Co2 from petrol engines becomes the next focus... Or better still all the brake and tyre dust which particulate matter wise is often higher than the particulate matter coming out of a derv or petrol engine!

Arona_front_no_plate.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

Aron_rear_no_plate.jpg

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Really like the black over silver.

That 1.6 must have improved significantly in the last 4 years.
Last time I test drove one it was cement-mixer dreadful. Way less refined than the £480 1990 vintage Mitsubishi diesel I'd arrived at the dealer in.
I certainly couldn't have traded (up?) to that with a £13000 cost to change ;)
Went home in a 1.2TSi instead - the most refined 4 cylinder I've ever had.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Really like the black over silver.

That 1.6 must have improved significantly in the last 4 years.
Last time I test drove one it was cement-mixer dreadful. Way less refined than the £480 1990 vintage Mitsubishi diesel I'd arrived at the dealer in.
I certainly couldn't have traded (up?) to that with a £13000 cost to change ;)
Went home in a 1.2TSi instead - the most refined 4 cylinder I've ever had.

Euro 6 EA288 engine in the Arona, four years ago was the EA189 Euro 5 - we have the same 2 litre version in our Tiguan ordered two weeks before dieselgate eeek and luckily just as the new Euro 6 engine was launched, not half bad lump as I am no real diesel fan. Obviously been isolated well in the Arona. Derv suits current circumstances. Find it refined for a derv TBH, although the 1.2 TSi was whisper quiet, cracking engine, derv makes up with an excellent shove of torque that does make it feel far punchier than the Leon with an extra 5Bhp as well.

I think I ordered the Arona just right with the 0% finance, then made £200 profit on the Leon as got such a good discount last October on the Leon Only extra cost will be the add Add Blue every 4000 miles same as the Tiguan.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.