What did you and your MK2 do today?

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Drove up from Manchester to a friends in Darwen, painted my front grill and he painted the pillars on his A3. Then a quick drive to Blackburn for some food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CustardKing93

Apr 25, 2018
Drove 350mile to Bath, then to Chiswick and then 350mile home .17 hours driving over 3 days. 3 hours of standstill traffic on the way down on the m6, 4 Hours standstill traffic on the way home on the m1.

Very pleased with the economy. Averaged 62mpg according to the MFD .
Had quarter of tank left at Chiswick, filled up and came home with over half tank left .which included some heavy right foot driving on the a66 after scotch corner

Sturtz1987

Nov 18, 2015
Ayrshire
Squeezed on a set of brembos 6 pots
32e02e6c4d3840bb792914e93bdc04ed.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CustardKing93

LeonDood

Jan 29, 2014
Fitted a refurbed set of 18" Leon Andromeda wheels to my FR with brand new Michelin's - so much better! Can't go back to budget tyres now.

Also gave the tailpipe a clean with some wire wool and some autosol, and a general clean to the rest of the car finished with some quick detailer.

Like to keep to car stock- except for maybe a remap in the near future .

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Booked a remap for the 8th of September at Awesome GTI in Manchester. Can’t wait!

Not looking forward to the £200 extra in insurance a year though.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Went to go for the big clean and a bit of 1 on 1 time but I pick the day when the heavens open... So sorted out my shelf in the garage which is growing bit by bit.
Also realised I have 40 microfiber cloths, 10 applicator pads and 4 towels haha is that normal?

IMG-20180728-WA0000-648x1152.jpeg

Deleted member 103408

Booked a remap for the 8th of September at Awesome GTI in Manchester. Can’t wait!

Not looking forward to the £200 extra in insurance a year though.

You will enjoy the extra power, how much extra power are you getting as 200 seems a lot, are you staying with current insurer.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
You will enjoy the extra power, how much extra power are you getting as 200 seems a lot, are you staying with current insurer.

Going from 105 to around 145, that’s £200 extra with mainstream insurers, insurance is up for renewal at the minute. Had a look at Adrian Flux but reviews aren’t good and I don’t trust them. Tried Chris Knott I think its called, you need to have a years experience under your belt with a car of the same BHP or higher.

Sky insurance, reviews again aren’t good. Esure is coming out at the best price from the main stream insurers.

Deleted member 103408

Going from 105 to around 145, that’s £200 extra with mainstream insurers, insurance is up for renewal at the minute. Had a look at Adrian Flux but reviews aren’t good and I don’t trust them. Tried Chris Knott I think its called, you need to have a years experience under your belt with a car of the same BHP or higher.

Sky insurance, reviews again aren’t good. Esure is coming out at the best price from the main stream insurers.

When I was on stage 1 with my mark 3 I found Esure very good and competitive, the only warning I would give you is you have to pay for every change you make, so if you are contemplating more work add it in now so you don't get hit with the change fees.

They were happy to insure car at stage one but got nervous when I started with all the changes with stage 3, not with the power (Chris Knott have a limit on BHP over stock) but because of all the extra bits I was adding.

I have to say so far been very happy with Adrian Flux, very good price for 450 bhp when nobody else was interested and they are not the insurance company just the agent. One other thing (which I am still thinking about) your car is legal but you are still only insured for the stock car value not for the value of replacing all the work you have dont to it, you have to pay extra for that.]

Anyway love the car and the map will bring you much happiness.

Reactions: Sturtz1987

Deleted member 103408

Went to go for the big clean and a bit of 1 on 1 time but I pick the day when the heavens open... So sorted out my shelf in the garage which is growing bit by bit.
Also realised I have 40 microfiber cloths, 10 applicator pads and 4 towels haha is that normal?

View attachment 1149

I am sure there is a name for that sort of habbit (OCD I think (over compensating detailer)) very impressive I will bring my car over later on.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
When I was on stage 1 with my mark 3 I found Esure very good and competitive, the only warning I would give you is you have to pay for every change you make, so if you are contemplating more work add it in now so you don't get hit with the change fees.

They were happy to insure car at stage one but got nervous when I started with all the changes with stage 3, not with the power (Chris Knott have a limit on BHP over stock) but because of all the extra bits I was adding.

I have to say so far been very happy with Adrian Flux, very good price for 450 bhp when nobody else was interested and they are not the insurance company just the agent. One other thing (which I am still thinking about) your car is legal but you are still only insured for the stock car value not for the value of replacing all the work you have dont to it, you have to pay extra for that.]

All sound advice, I’m thinking ahead with the remap, my insurance renews on the 3rd of August but getting the remap done on the 8th of sept, may as well add the remap to the insurance so that I don’t have to pay for the change. I’ve added cosmetic paint as I’ve already done some and have more to do, beyond that I’m not planning anything for a while.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016

Hopefully you will give us a try. Unfortunately insurers who have large numbers of policyholders will always have a small percentage of customers who are unhappy for some reason.
Regards,
Dan.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I am sure there is a name for that sort of habbit (OCD I think (over compensating detailer)) very impressive I will bring my car over later on.
I will warn you I don't drink tea or coffee so I wouldn't expect any decent drinks apart from water haha my other halfs Fiesta took me 6 hours for an external clean... How much time you got?

Cheers

Reactions: saveoursouls

Deleted member 103408

OMG, In that case I will drop it off for the weekend, What happend to the Cider you told me about :)

Hope you other half appreciated all the hard work you did :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
OMG, In that case I will drop it off for the weekend, What happend to the Cider you told me about :)

Hope you other half appreciated all the hard work you did :)
I'm mildly OCD to say the least, also with that cider you won't be driving home after haha unless i'm a delivery service now as well as cleaning haha I think i'd really enjoy cleaning cars I just don't think my body would like it...

The other half said oooo shiny and that was pretty much it, we then got some rain with added sand so everything was a waste lol

Cheers

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester

All sound advice, I’m thinking ahead with the remap, my insurance renews on the 3rd of August but getting the remap done on the 8th of sept, may as well add the remap to the insurance so that I don’t have to pay for the change. I’ve added cosmetic paint as I’ve already done some and have more to do, beyond that I’m not planning anything for a while.